Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 LastLast

Thread: First Time Building a Model for MSTS/Open Rails

It's hard to stay focused on just one idea!
    You said it!!! It's truly not easy.
    http://www.railsimstuff.com
    3D Canvas/Crafter and Blender User
    formerly The Keystone Works (All Permissions Granted)
    In IRC at freenode #msts

Thanks to Parker Boots for working on the Phase III & IV liveries. As you can see I am very close to tidying up the last few bits and pieces. Redid the plow, but still need to rebake the AO and fix a few things on the template. Very, very close. Almost all of my effort has moved inside to the 3D cab.

Nicely done sir. Too bad GIMP didn't transfer some of the Layer effects I used. My fault for not knowing any better.

I'll attach a screenshot from my export sometime tomorrow.

Parker B. - A Misplaced Midwesterner.
    Also known as Mr. Two Bits and Mr. Squarewheels.

Hi Strawberry Yogurt. I've noticed that the P32-ACDM Genesis in the photo is numbered 705, which is the same as one of the Genesis used in MSTS. In that case, are you going to make that one as either a stand-alone or an option to overwrite the default?

Quote Originally Posted by USASpiritlineTrains View Post
    Hi Strawberry Yogurt. I've noticed that the P32-ACDM Genesis in the photo is numbered 705, which is the same as one of the Genesis used in MSTS. In that case, are you going to make that one as either a stand-alone or an option to overwrite the default?
    These will be standalone units. The 705 is more of a coincidence than anything. I can't recall the exact number but the release later this week will have about 10 numbers/liveries for Amtrak, and a small number of Metro North painted engines.

Outstanding Craftsmanship !!!! You have the talent that is for sure !!! Thank you for sharing it with us here.
    - Mark -

Quote Originally Posted by MMSS View Post
    Outstanding Craftsmanship !!!! You have the talent that is for sure !!! Thank you for sharing it with us here.
    Thank you! There are certainly inefficiencies and general detail issues in certain places, but this model was created essentially a year ago when I knew a lot less. There are Amfleet IIs to accompany these locomotives and are built a lot better in many ways. I really enjoy honing my skills in a tangible way. The 3D cab is the real exciting part for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Strawberry Yogurt View Post
    Thank you! There are certainly inefficiencies and general detail issues in certain places, but this model was created essentially a year ago when I knew a lot less. There are Amfleet IIs to accompany these locomotives and are built a lot better in many ways. I really enjoy honing my skills in a tangible way. The 3D cab is the real exciting part for me.
    Well your pride & passion does show in your work. For a 1st attempt, you hit it right out of the park, that is for sure !
    - Mark -

I have an activity made and was waiting for your units to add to it....hopefully you'll have a phase IV paint scheme for the 1995 Southwest Chief making the dash across the Chillicothe Sub.

Don't worry, he'll have a variety of liveries for you to choose from.