Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dynamic Track - Causes Editor Lock Up (Unrecoverable)

Default Dynamic Track - Causes Editor Lock Up (Unrecoverable)

As the title says, I've had this several times now, very frustrating. Happened this afternoon with a short curved section, bang - editor froze and had to Ctrl - Alt - Del to exit. Work since last save - gone.

Are there known issues with this or am I just unlucky.

At this point, find myself looking rather fondly at Trainz Surveyor, warts 'n all...
    Vern.

More info what happened?

Laid a piece of dynamic track to an existing piece of A1t. Straight One set to zero. First curve at x -6m, x being the radius of the adjacent outer curve (thanks X-Tracks for no double curves less than 250m radius ). Extended to around 550 at which point the editor became unresponsive/whited out and I had to Ctrl-Alt Del to exit. No gradient or terrain forming applied - the crash happened during initial placement.
    Vern.

Sorry but don't understand. Tell me what do I have to enter to reproduce thus bug.

The exact values you put in the DT panel to begin?
    ............Vince ..............
    ...... Author NECv4 .......
    .... LIRR BUILD PHOTOS ....
    .............LIRR VIDEO.............
    ...... Eschew Obsfucation ......

On the The Statue of Liberty in New York Harbor there is a Tablet. On it is written:
    "Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
    the wretched refuse of your teeming shore, send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed to me,
    I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

Sorry Goku, I've explained what I did, can't express it any differently.

@Vince - again what part of TSRE crashing did you not understand, taking the DT and the several minutes worth of work leading up to that point with it? I reproduced above the values so far as I can recall and the initial placement was at whatever values TSRE assigns to the piece by default.

Edit: as an afterthought, both times DT has crashed TSRE has been when applying/extending the curved section. I've used it for straight section infills without any issue, so maybe there's a clue where to look. TBH I generally try to avoid the thing but, as stated, where you have parallel tracks tighter than those supplied by X-Tracks, there ain't a huge choice. Other alternative is to drop back in the MSRE to do any DT placement, I guess (rather than ditching MSTS and firing up Trainz or DTG... ).
    Last edited by NorthernWarrior; 04-01-2019 at 03:24 AM.
    Vern.

Vern,
    I understand completely. I've been working with TSRE for almost 3 years but when you report a bug you must please supply requested info. You're description is confusing; x is a ....what? I need a value I can see in the DT panel.
    Lets try again: What I got so far:

++You place a DT section, attached to existing track and you set the default length to zero, and then you checked First curve box. . . . Now what do you do? x you say is radius? Okay . . .what is the radius? I want to reproduce the bug and can't do it without you giving me the setup you do. Errr, you can reproduce the failure yes?
    The exact steps you took and can take to reproduce the failure.

And please, without the useless references to other sims. thanks.
    regards,
    ............Vince ..............
    ...... Author NECv4 .......
    .... LIRR BUILD PHOTOS ....
    .............LIRR VIDEO.............
    ...... Eschew Obsfucation ......

On the The Statue of Liberty in New York Harbor there is a Tablet. On it is written:
    "Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
    the wretched refuse of your teeming shore, send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed to me,
    I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

Vince - x was whatever the value of the curved section I was trying to lay parallel to, that's all. Might have been a A1t190r therefore I must have been laying the DT at a radius of 184. I got to an angle or whatever it's called of around 550 on extending the curve before the lock up.
    Vern.

Have you tried without the 1m track? I seem to remember issues with very short track sections and DT from the MSTS RE as well, but I also haven't used DT in over ten years and may be conflating that with something else...

I was trying to recall what the DT was attached to or if there were short pieces involved but can't recall, Eric. The memory not so good as it was...

Anyhow I've started over on a different route and will make every endeavour to avoid DT. As you say, it was never very stable in MSRE either!
    Vern.