Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Strange Objects in OR, Do not Appear in TSRE

Default Strange Objects in OR, Do not Appear in TSRE

I'm not really sure where to put this but I'll try here first. Anyone have any idea what the large yellow pillars below are? They only appear in Open Rails, cant be seen in TSRE.

1.jpg

2.jpg

They are sound sources.

Paul :-)

Shouldn't they be much smaller and on the terrain?, and only be seen in an editor, not in game?.
    Beer is not a matter of life or death, it is much more serious than that.

Quote Originally Posted by charland View Post
    They are sound sources.

Indeed the shape file used seems similar to a sound source, but I've never seen a sound source displayed in this manner anywhere in the sim, either OR or MSTS

Sometimes when you go into wire mode you might find sound sources that are about 200 feet below the surface. I think once in the last ten years I've found out up in the air while building a route. One way to tell exactly what they are is to look up to see if the "speaker" is at the top of them.

Quote Originally Posted by charland View Post
    Sometimes when you go into wire mode you might find sound sources that are about 200 feet below the surface. I think once in the last ten years I've found out up in the air while building a route. One way to tell exactly what they are is to look up to see if the "speaker" is at the top of them.

It turned out not to be a rogue sound source, but actually an issue with one of the shape files used on the tile.

The shape file in question only seems to produce these artifacts in Open Rails, no artifacts are seen in either TSRE or MSTS vanilla RE& sim itself.

Just goes to show how having 3 different platforms running different engines serving 1 purpose can have its drawbacks MSTS/RE, ORTS, TSRE). These days I work to ensure full compatibility with ORTS only.

G'day, I have a couple of routes with this same issue, it would be nice to know what the culprit is and how to fix it as some of us don't have the technical savvy to find and fix these things without some help.
    Regards
    Barrie

When I was building the ACN route I started getting a blue pole error when selecting a piece of track in one location. Did all the normal things that should have made it go away but it wouldn't. Took hours to find the actual cause, a piece of mainline two miles away that curved across two blue tile lines. MSTS has always been good at telling you you have an error but never what it actually is.

Quote Originally Posted by gremlin1812 View Post
    G'day, I have a couple of routes with this same issue, it would be nice to know what the culprit is and how to fix it as some of us don't have the technical savvy to find and fix these things without some help.
    Regards
    Barrie
    It turned out to be a station signboard shape for me. The yellow colour of the signboard gave it away eventually. I'd suggest combing thru the affected areas and seeing whats the common denominator.

Ok, thanks.
    Regards
    Barrie