Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: AI Trains - Mixed Freight

Default AI Trains - Mixed Freight

Why does the selection of car types for a Mixed Freight only include autoracks?

I thought such a consist would have mixed freight cars....boxcars, gondolas, hoppers.....you know, a mix?
    IBM XT i386; 512Kb RAM; 5.25" FDD; 1.4Mb FDD; 5Mb HDD; VGA 256-colour graphics card; AdLib soundcard; DR DOS 6.0; Windows 3.0

I've got Tabs for every type of freight car listed below the Autoracks in Shift+F2 filter Tab.

Only Autoracks is initially highlighted, just click on the others to highlight them.

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by WesternDivision View Post
    I've got Tabs for every type of freight car listed below the Autoracks. .....
    I'm an idiot!!
    You know I didn't even see those tabs!
    Doh!
    IBM XT i386; 512Kb RAM; 5.25" FDD; 1.4Mb FDD; 5Mb HDD; VGA 256-colour graphics card; AdLib soundcard; DR DOS 6.0; Windows 3.0

LOL it happens, blame it on daylight saving changes.

Aaah! Yes....that must've been why I've failed to notice those tabs for the past six months!!

Haha.

Move west..

Quote Originally Posted by Aussie_FX View Post
    Haha.

Move west..
    North is closer....Qld doesn't have *DST and the border is only two hours away.

*Goes back to when Joh was the Premier.
    He reckoned the sun shone out of his @rse and he wasn't getting up an hour early for anyone!

Quote Originally Posted by seagoon View Post
    North is closer....Qld doesn't have *DST and the border is only two hours away.

*Goes back to when Joh was the Premier.
    He reckoned the sun shone out of his @rse and he wasn't getting up an hour early for anyone!
    Yeah but Queensland have always been a bit weird. They can't spell beer for starters. :P

Joh... we dodged a bullet there. Don't you worry about that! you, you, you.

Back onto the question at hand, I didn't notice that tab either. So off I went for a bo-peep and all mine are greyed out, which I assume means that everything is available to use. I'm certainly not missing any cars in my spawns in the "default" config.

Quote Originally Posted by Aussie_FX View Post
    ..... all mine are greyed out, which I assume means that everything is available to use. I'm certainly not missing any cars in my spawns in the "default" config.
    The greyed items mean that they are the default Run 8 placeholder cars.
    Until (or unless) you buy additional road-liveried cars/locos the grey remains.

As you add liveried equipment the placeholders get replaced in the consists and, concurrently, the greyed items in the list are replaced by the proper cars/locos.

Quote Originally Posted by seagoon View Post
    The greyed items mean that they are the default Run 8 placeholder cars.
    Until (or unless) you buy additional road-liveried cars/locos the grey remains.

As you add liveried equipment the placeholders get replaced in the consists and, concurrently, the greyed items in the list are replaced by the proper cars/locos.
    That post was a big oopsie now that I have played with the feature some more.

It has changed the game for me!
    Firstly, when I said greyed out I meant the button. I wasn't clear enough, sorry, I have most of the stock. My comment rang true for the manifest it seems but that's it. Move on to all the unit trains and this is where the game changes for me. In it's stock form as you know it spawns unit trains with identical carriages of one type which to be frank, annoyed the hell out of me.

Now my world looks real, it changes the entire game from my perspective.