Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Rohr Turboliner

Quote Originally Posted by scottb613 View Post
    "Rohr Turboliner" - lol - had to look THAT up - new one on me...
    Thirty years of Turboliner service at Amtrak (1973 to 2003) is hardly worth a 'lol'!

TRAIL OF THE TURBO by Dale Johnson is a great book about the Turboliner, in all its forms.

Last edited by ftldave; 04-10-2019 at 04:02 AM. Reason: add txt
    - FTLDave

"Research is what I'm doing when I don't know what I'm doing." - Wernher von Braun

"A software suggestion is not a valid answer to a configuration/troubleshooting question." - Timelmer

Quote Originally Posted by ftldave View Post
    Thirty years of Turboliner service at Amtrak (1973 to 2003) is hardly worth a 'lol'!

TRAIL OF THE TURBO by Dale Johnson is a great book about the Turboliner, in all its forms.
    Hi Dave,

Yep - it certainly had longevity - honestly - never seen it mentioned here before - never seen a picture of it either - but then again - my interest wanes fairly quickly if it doesn't have a tender...

Regards,
    Scott

Quote Originally Posted by scottb613 View Post
    ... if it doesn't have a tender...
    Ahh, that explains it. I'm the same when it comes to huffin' and puffin' steam engines ... great to see them restored and running, simply amazing, but were before my time.

Turbines fascinate me too, since I remember watching the STP Racing Team's turbine cars at the Indy 500 during the 1960s, when I was a kid.
    - FTLDave

"Research is what I'm doing when I don't know what I'm doing." - Wernher von Braun

"A software suggestion is not a valid answer to a configuration/troubleshooting question." - Timelmer

The French turboliners were done by somebody in France and an Amtrak version was made. It may be that it contains sounds and a cabview that are appropriate?
    Christopher

Rohr was the manufacturer in France... no joking.

Still working out a few minor issues but it's on the road.

Paul :-)

Paul

I was wondering....this set was already made, is this an update to the old one or for OR?
    Rick

http:\\mononrr.com

MONON-2

Hi Rick,

The other Turboliner was made, this is the one that was used in the east, and it was started from scratch. I'm still building and the screenshot is it running in OR but I will be testing to make sure it runs in MSTS as well.

I was surprised when looking at this post that the Rohr Turboliner was not shown, just the later conventional train.

There was a decent Rohr Unit posted here years ago, Amtrak RTG - Rame à Turbine à Gaz, Release 1.0 11/25/2009 by JPascal, PROJETS ESK & Florian Barrallon presents Amtrak RTG for Microsoft Train Simulator.

It is not a terrible model of a nice looking train. I remember seeing one cruising by just outside Beacon NY.

Two different trains by two different manufacturers in France Don, If you look at picture ftldave posted above you'll see the RTG train at the top and the RTL train below it... that's the Rohr Turboliner I just built.

The RTG trains were used between St Louis and Chicago and on to Detroit. The RTL trains were used from Washington to New York, then on to Boston, Montreal, and Buffalo.

I rode the RTG train between St Louis and Chicago
    Rick

http:\\mononrr.com

MONON-2