Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Beast of Burden

Hi Scott,

Mesmerizing video... Nothing like watching the running gear of a steam locomotive. Looking great!

Kyle

Quote Originally Posted by woodfyr View Post
    Absolutely Awesome ! Love what you've done to Windsor.
    Hi Russ,

Thanks - yeah - as for the CT River - I have enough planned to keep me busy for years...

Regards,
    Scott

Hi Chris,

Thanks - the E27 sounds great - I like the little unsung hero's that kept the traffic moving... I'm in the process of porting everything I run over to ORTS only (eng/wag) - in the video she's pulling for all she's worth on level track with 50 USRA empties - we can hit between 35 and 40 MPH... The speed in the sim always seems exaggerated - I set the FOV to 38 which improves it a little... When the freight cars are setup properly with the Davis friction coefficients - it makes a big difference - it feels like you are pulling something that has actual drag...

Regards,
    Scott
    Last edited by scottb613; 05-14-2019 at 07:23 AM.

Hi Kyle,

Thanks - yeah - I think steam adds much to the sim - ORTS added a bunch of new steam effects which helps with the visual interest as well... If you haven't tried it - you should give Derek's WP Mallet a try - as it's as close as we can get to a high poly finely detailed Big Boy currently with ORTS - since the Big Boy was in the news lately... Derek's models are exquisite...

Regards,
    Scott