Thread: Need Help Uploading a Route to File Library

Arrow Need Help Uploading a Route to File Library

Need some help.

I'm trying to upload the PRR-East Ver2 route to the file library and am in a ditch.

WS_FTP Pro 12.7 trial keeps slamming me with "Cannot Open file, Permission Denied" message
    no matter where I plasce the source file.

I'm curious; Why open the file? I just want to send it to ftp.Trainsim.com

1. I first had the PRR-EAST-V2-INSTALL.zip on my desktop. Permission Denied.
    2. Moved the file to the root of the C:\ drive . . . same message
    3. Moved the file to the root of my E:\ drive . . . same message

Okay, I must be doing something wrong.
    The PRR-EAST-V2-INSTALL.zip is a 1.3GB of the complete PRR-East Mini Route.

Any help getting this finally finished route to the file library would be appreciated.

vince

JIT . . Hold off for a bit... I think the upload finally got started, it's showing 225MB transferred so far (about 5 minutes) so I may be having success but wont know until I get some kind of notification from trainsim.
    So hold with assistance.
    I finally got some appearance of success by not using the Green Arrow Buttons on the FTP panel . . I simply dracced the routes zip package between the two panels of the WS_FTP client. So it's wait and see. Aboutr 30% done in 10 minutes.

To be sure today I downloaded the installer to my wifes laptop and successfully tested a couple of the activities.
    So if it gets to Trainsim you folks are in for a treat.
    It's a big bit single download of the entire mini-route installer package as PRR-EAST-V2-INSTALL.zip
    1.3GB

vince
    Last edited by Vince; 04-11-2019 at 07:42 PM.
    ............Vince ..............
    ...... Author NECv4 .......
    .... LIRR BUILD PHOTOS ....
    .............LIRR VIDEO.............
    ...... Eschew Obsfucation ......

On the The Statue of Liberty in New York Harbor there is a Tablet. On it is written:
    "Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
    the wretched refuse of your teeming shore, send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed to me,
    I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

I know this is not much help but i use the fully paid version of Flash FXP (updated to April 1st this year) which has always worked in the past but when i started to try to upload my hopper packs last month that's exactly the same message i was getting every time i tried to upload, but unlike you i can still use the browser method to upload my very small files, i tried everything i could to get it to work including moving the file to different locations, i even tried changing the file so it was not read only and nothing helped me at all, i would suggest contacting Nels, i would have done that had i not used the other upload method instead.
    Last edited by burgerbern; 04-11-2019 at 07:43 PM.

Intel i5 2400, Mobo ASUS P8H67, Win 7 Prof 64bit, 32GB Ram, Nvidia GTX960 4GB, SB Audigy, 6.25TB HDD's.

Lightbulb The PRR-East Mini-Route Installer is on the way to the File Library

All,

Upload of the PRR-East v2 has completed. There will be a day or so inspection until it gets into the File Library.

This is a 1.3GB package.
    The ClickTeam installer takes many minutes to initialize due to route size so be patient.
    My system and wife's laptop just sit and appear to be doing nothing. But it is [U]very[/U busy] loading up the route.
    It took the 10 minutes for the ClickTeam Welcome messasge to appear on the laptop! YMMV.

Please realize this is a complete stand-alone Mini-Route installation with everything needed to run all the activities and is also editable with the new editor, TSRE5.

enjoy,
    ............Vince ..............
    ...... Author NECv4 .......
    .... LIRR BUILD PHOTOS ....
    .............LIRR VIDEO.............
    ...... Eschew Obsfucation ......

On the The Statue of Liberty in New York Harbor there is a Tablet. On it is written:
    "Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
    the wretched refuse of your teeming shore, send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed to me,
    I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

Tip O' the Hat, Vince....thanks for all the work --- much appreciated. Now prepare yourself for the non instruction reading people to start having problems with installation --- maybe I'm being too pessimistic.

Anyway, a HUGE project...thanks again.
    Very best regards, Gerry
    Cheers, R. Steele [Gerry] It's my railroad and I'll do what I want! Historically accurate attitude of US Railroad Barons.

Thanks Vince!!!!!!!!!
    Rick

http:\\mononrr.com

MONON-2

I too am looking forward to it. Thank you for all your work. I was among the testers on the original route and can not wait for the update.
    Paul

Great News, Thank you Vince

Intel i5 2400, Mobo ASUS P8H67, Win 7 Prof 64bit, 32GB Ram, Nvidia GTX960 4GB, SB Audigy, 6.25TB HDD's.

Wow! A great big THANK YOU, Vince! I can't wait to download this.

I gotta say, it's times like this the First Class membership really comes in handy!
    Larry Steiner
    Grand Rapids, Michigan