Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Thanks, Vince!! PRR-ER V2

Least you can never complain about having nothing to do!!

Quote Originally Posted by Komachi View Post
    Least you can never complain about having nothing to do!!
    Truth!!!

Quote Originally Posted by rfranzosa View Post
    No problem! The other thing that scares me a bit on upgrading these older sets is that in 2008 I didn't have a lot of the resources I have now (like rosters). Example: PRR wasn't exactly, ummm, structured in the way they numbered diesels. A few of the locomotives in the set had incorrect numbers. So... do I update them and the consists? Do I use the same (incorrect) numbers? Do I leave the file names alone, but fix the textures (file BLW_E8A_PRR5802.eng is actually #5837)? I suspect I'll have similar issues with the sleepers... Oh, and I'm sure there are cars in the actual prototype consists that GB and I didn't have in 2008 that we really should add!

A fun problem to have, though
    Best left "as is" Rick? At least anyone who's used them in acts won't have to rejig them? If the Rivet Counters want to have totally correct numbers they can always do that work on their own sets? I remember when I was sorting out stock for Mid East Plus some rivet counters jumped on my selection because Loco 1234 was based at ABC shed! When I pointed out that my research showed it had been based at a number of sheds and in any case had been used on lines remote from it's home shed the debate rather fizzled out Folk seem to forget that the whole point of trains is that they actually travel?! LOL!
    Geoff
    Dorset - near The Swanage Railway.
    UK

Vince, I meant to ask this earlier but I remember the original team stating the REF file was full. Is this an issue which was later fixed or is it still the same. I recently found my old Capital Beltway and Odenton stations in the f/l and wanted to add them in.
    https://www.trainsim.com/vbts/signaturepics/sigpic75077_5.gif
    Cory Duguid
    US NAVY

Captain,

The "Ref file full" (something I've never heard of) could have been a problem using the MSTS editor, MSRE but like I say I've never heard of such a thing.
    I did some editing of the Ref file, correcting spelling and sorting the entries for a better user experience.

The MSRE is basically unusable for editing the PRR-East v2. Over a minute to perform a save if track items like station platforms are in the mix.

Using TSRE is no problem but be sure to have the settings.txt file configured to NOT use Empty TDB items. There is a bug in there when used on the PRR route and I don't know when it may be corrected.
    Goku, TSRE's author suggested that and after I shut off the 'use empty items' I had no further problems.

Here is a clip from the TSRE settings.txt file:
    Code:
    writeEnabled = true
    writeTDB = true
    useTdbEmptyItems = false
    So the bottom line is it's TSRE for editing. The MSRE will put you in a world of hurt and I recommend you not use it.

regards,
    vince
    ............Vince ..............
    ...... Author NECv4 .......
    .... LIRR BUILD PHOTOS ....
    .............LIRR VIDEO.............
    ...... Eschew Obsfucation ......

On the The Statue of Liberty in New York Harbor there is a Tablet. On it is written:
    "Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
    the wretched refuse of your teeming shore, send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed to me,
    I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

Quote Originally Posted by lateagain View Post
    Best left "as is" Rick? At least anyone who's used them in acts won't have to rejig them? If the Rivet Counters want to have totally correct numbers they can always do that work on their own sets? I remember when I was sorting out stock for Mid East Plus some rivet counters jumped on my selection because Loco 1234 was based at ABC shed! When I pointed out that my research showed it had been based at a number of sheds and in any case had been used on lines remote from it's home shed the debate rather fizzled out Folk seem to forget that the whole point of trains is that they actually travel?! LOL!
    You are correct, sir. Rather than cause further delay for Denis on the activity builder, I'm going to use the current numbers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

The E7s are done, will be uploaded to Valleypass in the next day or so as an upgrade for the owners of PRR passenger set. This will be followed up with upgraded E8s, PAs and eventually passenger cars.

The upgraded E7s include significantly more detail than the originals. They are completely compatible with the original set and the original consists, though the textures and the models have been completely redone. They operate on Open Rails and MSTS.

The original set came with 2 A-B-A sets, the upgrade includes a third set in a third PRR paint scheme.

Here they are:

5 stripe Tuscan red:

Single stripe Tuscan red:

NEW! simplified single strip Tuscan red:

Meanwhile I am upgrading some of the freight cars in the PRR2 freight set.

Here are the reefers:
    They have the latest model with new trucks and textures have been given correct ends and roofs.

Christopher
    Attached Images Attached Images