Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Just wondering

Jim,

You're right!
    I added a description to the engine files of the Turboliner and it DOES work in the player driven mode.
    Thanks...

Phil

Hi Geepster:
    "
    These were your self-reported system specs 4 years ago. Does it still apply today?

BIOS = Phoenix - AwardBIOS v6.00PG (Phoenix Technologies, LTD)
    Processor = AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 5000+ (2 threads, 2 cores, 2.6 GHz) (Internal Cache 128 KB) (Internal Cache 128 KB) (External Cache 512 KB) (External Cache 512 KB)
    Memory = 1.9 GB
    Video = NVIDIA GeForce 6150SE nForce 430 (0.5 GB RAM)
    Disk = C: (Local Fixed Disk, NTFS, 465.7 GB, 369.3 GB free)
    O/S is XP Pro"
    The answer to your question is yes.
    Regards,
    Ron

Well, there is not much that can be done then until you get a new PC. Open Rails is moving to DotNet Framework versions as a requirement that exclude XP as a supported platform (there is no framework at that level that is capable of installation on XP anymore). I was hoping that if you had upgraded your PC in the last 4 years we might be able to fix your OR ailments, but I guess not. Absent better hardware you have pretty much reached the bumper post on New Development Spur. Not to mention you pretty much have zero options for any of the other sims as well.

Quote Originally Posted by phlyerxx View Post
    Jim,

You're right!
    I added a description to the engine files of the Turboliner and it DOES work in the player driven mode.
    Thanks...

Phil
    Thats good news, I haven't had chance to try it yet or see if there were any other little problems.
    Jim

The added description file lets the engine run in OR. The only way to run it before was to list 'any engine' and then load the consist file.

Running models through both Poly Master and Shape Fixer are a must when they get to a certain size. Many years ago a individual made a steamer over 30,000 polys run in MSTS. I am sure even higher poly models have been done successfully since that German steamer experiment.

The old ATSF 3751 from 3DTS always crashed MSTS till I ran it through Shape Fixer twice. Now it works just fine. I think the default settings of Shape Fixer need to be adjusted based on the size of the model in question to force it to split primitives. I know that is how I've used the program for many years. The old Rainier 2-6-6-2 is another that has to be scanned before it will behave in MSTS.

The problem with routes made for ORTS is some of them will not work in MSTS if they are done in TSRE5 because Goku does not read nor generate certain files needed by MSTS. Sadly there seems to be no fix insight for TSRE5 to correct for this either.

Robert

Added the Description line, just copied and pasted from another loco. It runs fine in MSTS on a modified version of the NEC4 on my 20 year old XP computer.
    rtl.JPG
    Jim

Jim: Check your PM's
    Ron

Glad you found an easy solution for this Jim. I've been off the air for a few days and wasn't keeping up with anything. So that's something for people like me to keep in mind, something as simple as a description not being there can make the difference between something working and not working in both sims.

Paul :-)

Quote Originally Posted by charland View Post
    Glad you found an easy solution for this Jim. I've been off the air for a few days and wasn't keeping up with anything. So that's something for people like me to keep in mind, something as simple as a description not being there can make the difference between something working and not working in both sims.

Paul :-)
    Paul,
    Glad I could help out. I'm wondering how many people realize this has a 3 speed transmission I know how to use it but I don't know how the speed in each gear is controlled? My first run I got up to 90 mph in first gear LOL.
    Jim