Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: PRR-Eastern-Region-v2 Has been Released

Could you check the Logging box on the OR opening screen and then try to load the route.
    Look for an OpenRailsLog.txt file on your desktop.
    Attach the log to a post.
    ............Vince ..............
    ...... Author NECv4 .......
    .... LIRR BUILD PHOTOS ....
    .............LIRR VIDEO.............
    ...... Eschew Obsfucation ......

On the The Statue of Liberty in New York Harbor there is a Tablet. On it is written:
    "Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
    the wretched refuse of your teeming shore, send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed to me,
    I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

Hi Steve,
    Could you place a check in the Logging Box on the Open Rails opening screen and then try to load up the route?

Look for an OpenRailsLog.txt file on your desktop. Attach that file to a post. If you need assistance attaching a file please ask.

regards,

On the The Statue of Liberty in New York Harbor there is a Tablet. On it is written:
    the wretched refuse of your teeming shore, send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed to me,

Hi Robert,

Is all you need is a *.pat file? Haven't you tried Open Rails Track Viewer to lay out a path?

regards,

Vince, All things ORTS are new to me. I am one of those who is engrained in the old ways of MSTS. I don't have a lot of time to sit and learn something new right now.

Robert

Default Stuck in the Mud of MSTS? There is a way

Me too Robert!
    I built two routes that work fine in MSTS, nec4 and the LIRR . . . until you load up the yards with real loose driveable consists that is. . . then they put on a cute but disgusting slide show with single digit frame rates.

You state "I am one of those who is engrained in the old ways of MSTS. ....................."

Hmmm, what were you 'engrained' in before MSTS?
    You forgetting the horrible frustration trying to get that POS to run correctly?
    And me too . . .as a builder it took me almost SIX FRIGGIN MONTHS!!! to find out how to punch a hole in the terrain for a tunnel?
    And now . . . you have a team of very savvy and friendly developers around to help you and they need input from folks like you to help them give you a superior train simulation experience.
    You didn't get one iota of help from MICROSCUM did you?

Get off your duff and jump in the pool. The water is fine and refreshing after the dark cold years of MSTS crapola. And you're complaining 'not enough time?
    Astonishing after seeing what is available and the opportunity to join in for the development of a truly world class simulator.
    I feel sorry for you Robert. You're being left to wither away on the vine never being able to enjoy the community development in the new simulator.
    It doesn't end there; You're also rejecting at truly great new editor and participating in it's development.
    Come on Robert, MSTS was just a START, get you into the sims. You've seen them come and go but the worlds largest collection of rolling stock for ANY sim has got to tell you sometiing is so tight about ORTS.

You just need to remember back to that first look at MSTS and try adopt THAT attitude. But if you are so in the ditch over MSTS I wish you well.
    It was a very easy ditch for me to climb out of once I had the proper system to run it. The system was the key!
    The first time I tried ORTS about 5/6 years back it would not run worth a damn on my Single core Hyperthreading CPU.
    The replacement of a blown mother board opened up a new world.

Sorry your stuck but any time you change your mind I promise I'll give you all the assistance you need to get you up to speed. Be well.

Regards,

Vince, I got into MSTS in 2002. Before that I used to be engrained in HO. I did dabble with Railroad Tycoon 2 in 1999 on a old hand me down Win 95 machine. Before that we had all Atari computer stuff.

Having been into this stuff for so long I am actually finding the idea of retiring altogether quite attractive right now. I just haven't quite figured out what I want to do just yet.

Robert

Good Morning Robert,

I retired in 1998 after 32 years with IBM and this is what keeps me going. Building routes and gaming (not online games) is what I love to do and it keeps me very occupied. I'll 'retire' from trains when I take my last breath.

Unreal, Unreal II, Doom, Doom II, all the Fallout series, Skyrim and more. Yes all the Legacy Games work just fine on my Win10 system. Also have X-Box & XBox-2. aised three kids all wonderful with great kids of their own now.
    I refuse to 'retire' in front of a TV actually I hate it. I watch some news shows, less than an hour a day, read many books, my library has over 1000 sci-fiction novels and textbooks, have a Kindle and the rest of the time I spend building models with SketchUp and build routes with TSRE. I build with TSRE and SketchUp both running at the same time in case I need a quick model of something trackside. Never dabbled in any of the other modelling programs. Out of my pay grade.

Regards,
    Last edited by Vince; 04-16-2019 at 11:36 AM.

Hi Vince,

You capture my sentiments well...

Regards,
    Scott

First, congrats on bringing new life to this route.
    The readme states the route will load into AE.
    My question is - how?
    I have tried and failed with all my ideas.

I'm on a Win10 pro 64bit system.

I have two special default MSTS installations on my machine in completely separate folders I used to generate all the activities.
    The PRR is one of the two routes in that install. The other route is a 'packed full' route with every shape file I've ever used and all of the default MSTS shapes.
    The other install is the same configuration as above but with the LIRR & the packed route.

Neither of these two installations is suitable for running trains at all. They are strictly developer configured installs.
    I don't use MSTS for anything except activity generation and that is soon to end when Goku gets his editors up to speed.

If you want to use the MSTS activity editor ( the Route Editor is not usable at all ) you'll have to configure your installation by first generating your own MINI installation and then copying in the PRR Mini folders from the PRR MINI installation.

The four folders you'd copy in are the Global. Sound, Routes and Trains folders with all their contents, overwriting the folders you generate using the Route_Riter Utility.
    If this is too much for you the only other way I know is to Use Open Rails Track View to generate paths and Gokus TSRE editor to cook up the activities . . .which I have never tried.
    regards,