Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: PRR-Eastern-Region-v2 Has been Released

If this the wrong place to be bringing this up, please tell me. I've done some more work, using Archibald and the occasional hint in OR log files. All the GG-1 locomotives had a problem in the TrainBrakeMaxPressure parameters -- the author did not leave a space between the numeric value and the '#' starting the inline comment. The K4 engine had a CoalBurning parameter that was less than that specified in Rudolph Richter's manual. Two of the GG-1s had incorrect brake slot names. I don't know if any of these problems were preventing the Senator Vincent activity from loading, but after correcting them at least I now have the progress bar at the bottom of the screen. After six minutes it has almost completed, but hangs at that point. I attach the latest log file.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Oh, dear. I finally got around to re-reading the various README files in different locations and see that I missed the notice that "larger" activities take ten minutes to load. This is discouraging, since there are no other activities for the route available, yet. I also discovered that the installation program moved .eng and .wag files from my MSTS installation to the PRR_EAST_REG2\TRAINS\TRAINSET folder, instead of just copying them. I was able to copy most of them back, except for the SCOTSMAN.
    --
    Roger

I do have logging checked on the opening screen of OR. Where does the program drop the file? Is the file a .txt or .log or some other format?

Exclamation

>>>Hello Roger:
    From the readme document:
    B]!!!!! DO NOT INSTALL THIS INTO AN EXISTING Microsoft Train Simulator installation. DO NOT!!!!![/B]

Regarding moving engine/wag files.
    The PRR-East installs to it's own Mini Route format. It DOES NOT move any files!
    What happens is any existing files in the target folders are overwritten (read destroyed!) by the installer.

Basically what happens is this: If you try installing to an existing MSTS installation you will definitely destroy (overwrite) the MSTS installation.

I believe I made this clear in the install instructions.
    Additionally the ONLY GG1 loco I modified was 4856. I adjusted the Cabview and made minor tweaks to the brake parameters.
    I also added Open Rails steam parameters to most of the steam locomotives. I probably did miss a few because I was building a route, not fixing rolling stock at all.
    There were and still are lots of problems with the rolling stock. I just didn't have the time to fix everything.
    vince

>>>necrails:
    The Log will be placed on your desktop screen as OpenRailsLog.txt
    This text file is created every time you start Open Rails and is over written (replaced) every new session of Open Rails.

regards,
    ............Vince ..............
    ...... Author NECv4 .......
    .... LIRR BUILD PHOTOS ....
    .............LIRR VIDEO.............
    ...... Eschew Obsfucation ......

On the The Statue of Liberty in New York Harbor there is a Tablet. On it is written:
    "Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
    the wretched refuse of your teeming shore, send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed to me,
    I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

Vince Now that I know what to look for I will post a log when it generates. I had several saves of the activity during the times when I noticed the missing files. I loaded one only to discover the tracks now appear as they should and remained in place up to the point I left the activity. I then attempted to start the activity from the beginning only to find my system may not be up to the task. This is a task for another day. Thanks for the assist, I'll post further when I have something substantial to report. Henry

I am trying to download this route Its Not coming up in search. This is what i am searing for PRR-Eastern-Region-v2. Is called another name. thanks,
    David

Quote Originally Posted by Maryland50+ View Post
    I am trying to download this route Its Not coming up in search. This is what i am searing for PRR-Eastern-Region-v2. Is called another name. thanks,
    David
    Search in MSTS Routes and the text use "Vince"
    Charles