Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A couple of suggestions for Run 8 v3

Default A couple of suggestions for Run 8 v3

If John or someone from the developers reads this thread, I wanted to ask if it was possible - and feasible, of course - to consider including the following two points in v3:-

For solo players, in order to play despatcher as well as operating ones train, when the pause button is pressed, could it halt all the movement but still allow us to use the despatching system?
    With a lot of trains to oversee it can become difficult at times, particularly when the alerter goes off in the background and we are in the F3 despatcher screen and have to quickly switch back to our cab, reset the alerter and then jump back to despatcher.

The loud "beep" that is made when a new spawn occurs (or when a train is removed from the system) and also that weird alien sound when we transport to a new location - could the volume on these be lowered?
    Reason is that, when playing with the speakers cranked up in order to fully appreciate the sounds of the train itself, these two sounds, when they happen, just about blow the windows out!
    They are way louder than the operational sounds, in other words.
    IBM XT i386; 512Kb RAM; 5.25" FDD; 1.4Mb FDD; 5Mb HDD; VGA 256-colour graphics card; AdLib soundcard; DR DOS 6.0; Windows 3.0

You forgot new vegetation, Bruce.

Mike.
    The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt

Utterly unimportant to me.
    IBM XT i386; 512Kb RAM; 5.25" FDD; 1.4Mb FDD; 5Mb HDD; VGA 256-colour graphics card; AdLib soundcard; DR DOS 6.0; Windows 3.0

I'm hoping the game becomes better balanced with relation to hardware.

I currently have my cpu working it's guts out and my graphics card sits there basically unused. What was once a very powerful graphics card is now distinctly midrange (R9 290X) but it sits there barely moving from it's 2D clocks. Most of the time while I play it is running at 3-400 MHz. (out of a possible 1000 MHz)

From my end I'm seeing a lot of unused power going to waste. Can this be put to good use?

Quote Originally Posted by Aussie_FX View Post
    ......From my end I'm seeing a lot of unused power going to waste. Can this be put to good use?
    Well, maybe you could connect a couple of wires to your PC and push some juice back into the grid?!

Better still, run some really l-o-o-o-ong wires to Eucla and connect them to The World's Biggest Battery....South Australia!

Quote Originally Posted by seagoon View Post
    Utterly unimportant to me.
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHA, you old misery.

Mike.
    The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt

While you can't turn it down, you can turn off the Message Alert Sound (I think that's what the option's called in the menu). It would save the cracked windows.

Quote Originally Posted by Hontz View Post
    While you can't turn it down, you can turn off the Message Alert Sound (I think that's what the option's called in the menu). It would save the cracked windows.
    Thanks, Hontz.
    Yep...I realise that it is either an 'on' or 'off' choice but I do like to have that audible reminder that a new train has been spawned.
    The ability to adjust the volume would be nice, that's all.

The other one, which I referred to as the "alien sound", I find to be really too loud.
    Other than that it's a good sound......fits the "Beam me up, Scotty!" situation to a T.

Bruce,
    (particularly when the alerter goes off in the background and we are in the F3 despatcher screen and have to quickly switch back to our cab, reset the alerter and then jump back to despatcher.)

You don't have to go back to the cab to reset the alerter, even in Dispatcher mode just hitting the right Alt key will reset it, if you really want you can drive the train without even getting out of dispatcher mode, although the horn will not sound but the bell will for some strange reason.So if you want you can control it without ever seeing it as brakes and throttle all work.

rail

Bruce - good points in your OP.
    Vern.