Thread: Placing Static CONs in the Route Editor.

Default Placing Static CONs in the Route Editor.

Like the "great Guru" Vince Cockeram, I have been playing with GOKU's TSRE5 and "leaning" on him for consultations when needed.

One thing we are not sure of is the "Place Consist" function in the ROUTE EDITOR...I am not talking about the separate Consist Editor used to build them.

I dial up the TSRE program, then go to select the Activity (F4) menus that I want to work with. I find the consist off the list of available ones in the TRAINS folder. Go to Place consist, and jump to the Lat-Lon l;ocation I need, then Place the consist, and if necessary jiggle it around to a better location if it doesn't look right or blocks something I didn't think of.

The plus of this Route Editor is you can place and work with a consist that you can see what and where it it, unlike the Kuju Activity Editor. The only down side is you have to know the Lat-Lon coordinates of where you want to be instead of scrolling along the track diagram. True you can still scroll and zoom over the territory but you have to set where you start otherwise you will scrolling for hours.

Here comes the problem..........If I save what I placed, then go to another location, place a consist, save, and so on with 2 or 3 more consists........when I open the activity, any consist placed after the FIRST one is not there or recorded in the ACT file.

HOWEVER, if I place the first consist, save and completely exit, then restart the whole program and process over again, place another consist, save and exit, and so on repeatedly, the static consists WILL all be recorded and appear in the activity.

Iis there any fix, adjustment, cure or just deal with it to make this thing work?????

Thanks for any assistance, as Vince was a little bogged down in his work, but hasn't been abl;e to work with "consists" in the Goku program, so wasn't sure how to do it.

Doug
    Attached Images Attached Images

That's probably intended for the TSRE activity editor, which is combined in the route editor. It's in the early stages, though, so it may not work right

Here comes the problem..........If I save what I placed, then go to another location, place a consist, save, and so on with 2 or 3 more consists........when I open the activity, any consist placed after the FIRST one is not there or recorded in the ACT file.
    What version are you using? I think that this bug was fixed long time ago.

Mr GokuMK:

The version of TSRE5 is 0.692 x32

Thanks for your help.I'm running Windows 7, and some programs I have top revert to "comparability with XP an Win7, 32 bit" to get them to install. NOT a techno-wizard, so I don't know much more than that or what I did when I installed it..just know it works as I learn the particulars of your program.

Doug

Thank you for your advice and help.

1) Downloaded your newer v0.697x32 program as advised.
    Program would not install when clicked on, said I was missing OpenAL32.dll,

2) Removed the previous version of TSRE5 (0.692) and searched for OpenAL32.dll in System 32 folder.

3) File was present, though not sure if corrupt, so downloaded a new dll file and OpenAL11CoreSDK.zip from Microsoft website
    Installed both files. Appears to be a common problem with running games according to MicroSoft website help.

4) Tried again to run TSRE5, this time program opened up and was functioning like previous version 0.692

5) Ran practice session to duplicate my original problem with a "test activity"
    This time, was able to place 2 static consists on the route, program saved and consists written in Activity Objects in ACT file.

Problem now solved and again, thanks for your help

Doug Nash

You should read the post I linked, there is info about OpenAL.
    But good that you were able to fix it on your own