Thread: Problem with Marias Pass V5 route

Default Problem with Marias Pass V5 route

I've recently added this route, which is both enjoyable and frustrating. The frustration location is the trestle at Cut Bank....the included westbound freight activity has a meet there, which comes along in about one half hour...but the meet does not clear the signal, because there is another freight to await, which does not arrive until two hours have passed....now, when one proceeds, all AI traffic has disappeared.

There is an Amtrak run...."AMT_EB_East"....a run of Amtrak #8, which also has a meet at Cut Bank....and this meet moves at the speed of a snail. maybe slower, taking an hour to clear. All meets prior to this worked normally.

Does anyone else have such problems at this point? Got no help from my search efforts.

AA

I should add that I attempted to contact the route author, Charlie Sibaja, but his email address is 5 years old, and my email was returned, hence my thread here.

AA

Just wondering if there's a problem with my description of the problem?

I haven't been to Trainsim much of late....and I read that participation here is down...so fewer people see posts.

The route Marias Pass v5......does anybody here use it?

I feel a bit like I'm on that US sub in the movie "On the Beach"......unable to reach anybody alive anywhere on earth. Maybe I'm the last guy still using MSTS.

AA

Nothing wrong with staying with venerable MSTS, but most are concentrating on Open Rails. Have you searched the older threads on MSTS.
    Seriously, if you'd switch to OR, you'd probably get some help, or there's a good chance the activity would work properly.

...and yes I use it, many do...All my activities work in OR. Which one specifically are you having trouble with? and Have you modified it?
    Cheers, R. Steele [Gerry] It's my railroad and I'll do what I want! Historically accurate attitude of US Railroad Barons.

Quote Originally Posted by agentatascadero View Post
    I should add that I attempted to contact the route author, Charlie Sibaja, but his email address is 5 years old, and my email was returned, hence my thread here.

AA
    His Facebook profile https://www.facebook.com/charlie.sibaja

Thanks guys for the responses.

R. Steele, Good to be in touch with you after several years of my near dormancy on the sim....still no OR, though. I found nothing with my search efforts regards my issue here. The problems on Marias Pass v5 occur at the trestle at Cut Bank, the westbound through freight is held for around 2 hours for two meets....by then, there is no AI traffic on the rest of the run vs as many as 10 to be expected according to Conbuilder. There is an Amtrak activity of a run of Amtrak #8, which works fine, that is until reaching that trestle at Cut Bank again....where the meet is slowly, VERY slowly passes.....one train takes nearly an hour to pass. So my concern, correctly or not, is all about that spot.....the trestle at Cut Bank. Yes, the consists in the activities had already been changed.

Disclaimer.....I've had another couple of activities on another route crash the sim as a meet approaches....and, through Conbuilder, was able to ID and correct the "problem" cars and/or locomotives......this did not work on MP v5, and also the MP v5 issue does not crash the computer as on the other route (D&RGW from SLI) Why am I now thinking that changing consists is/may be what causes my problems?

To dredick, Thanks for the address, I would have never thought of Facebook.

AA