Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 53 X102 Trucks for your Highways and warehouses

Does expressing some doubts really count as an ass-chewing these days? Wow...

They do look good, and I have no problem with you uploading them. That being said, in the interest of having everything work from the word "Go", I probably would use 'fully' freeware trucks, and point out that better stuff is available.

I suppose my big fear is that OR routes end up like one of the other sims (I don't remember which one) where even freeware routes had so many payware dependencies that it became a bit of a money pit just to get it to work. With rolling stock, it's not a big deal, since it's a shape file or two, and you're done. It could be considerably more difficult with a route. Call it an irrational fear, but...

Thanks Chuck!!!
    I'll throw them into both the static object pile, and the spawner files.
    Neil

Here at home, in the railroad mayhem capital of the world.

Quote Originally Posted by ebnertra000 View Post
    Does expressing some doubts really count as an ass-chewing these days? Wow...

They do look good, and I have no problem with you uploading them. That being said, in the interest of having everything work from the word "Go", I probably would use 'fully' freeware trucks, and point out that better stuff is available.

I suppose my big fear is that OR routes end up like one of the other sims (I don't remember which one) where even freeware routes had so many payware dependencies that it became a bit of a money pit just to get it to work. With rolling stock, it's not a big deal, since it's a shape file or two, and you're done. It could be considerably more difficult with a route. Call it an irrational fear, but...
    The "other sim's" you'er likely thinking of is train Sim.

You know, the sim with over a thousand dollars worth of payware and hardly any freeware content in sight.

Rushey Platt Junction, Darkest Wiltshire.

Or don't bother with the SLI shapes and use the ACE files as source material for repainting available freeware models. I will. Full credit included.