Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Shape File Manager 25

Hi flanker,
    To run Shape File Manager, you MUST have Internet Explorer installed, although it doesn't need to be the default browser. This is because SFM.hta can only be opened by IE.

Also, you must explicitly tell SFM where FFEDITC_unicode.exe is located. The following is from v2.4 but I believe v2.5 is similar.
    Click here if FFEDITC_UNICODE.EXE is not in the default location
    Cheers,
    Ged

Internet Exploder is still included in a standard Windows 10 install, ie. not Enterprise.
    SFM25 works just fine on my four Win 10 64 computers, one of them being an upgrade from Win 7.

Randy

My SFM25 worked great until a WIN10 update in November 2018. Since then, I only use Archibald for editing. of .s files. With IE i become the Error-Message:
    Uncompress failed to complete - File not updated [object Error].
    I hope, the Community can understand my posts.

Michael

Hi Michael,
    I've just tried to run Shape File Manager v2.5 in Windows 10 (1809) but can't get it to uncompress a file.

I suggest you get v2.4 or v2.4a and try that. v2.4 is available from the UKTS library as file ID 658 and v2.4a from the Steam4Me site : https://msts.steam4me.net/utilities/...e_manager.html.

Note that v2.5 is NOT by Paul Gausden, the original author

Cheers,
    Ged
    Last edited by slipperman; 07-23-2019 at 06:38 PM.

When trying to run sfm24 I get a message saying that sfm can not find FFEDITC_UNICODE.exe and when I change the path to the FFEDITC_UNICODE to the UTILS folder it still doesn't want to find it. Ive tried moving the FFEDITC_UNICODE to a couple different locations but it doesn't want to seem to find it. I do have internet explorer installed but not set as my default browser. Any ideas fellas?

Where is your SFM.hta?

Put it in your Tarinsimulator/Utils folder where FFEDITC etc. should already be?
    Geoff
    Dorset - near The Swanage Railway.
    UK

There is an option to browse and find FFEDIT_UNICODE if it isn't in a default location. I used that on my laptop, which I just use for file editing while away from home (it can't really take OR except for signal testing)

Quote Originally Posted by lateagain View Post
    Where is your SFM.hta?

Put it in your Tarinsimulator/Utils folder where FFEDITC etc. should already be?
    My sfm.hta is located in the SFM24_2 folder located on my C: drive

Quote Originally Posted by ebnertra000 View Post
    There is an option to browse and find FFEDIT_UNICODE if it isn't in a default location. I used that on my laptop, which I just use for file editing while away from home (it can't really take OR except for signal testing)
    I have tried to browse for the FFEDTIC_UNICODE and have moved it to various places but it seems like Im chasing the tail of a ghost. My computer just cant seem to find it even if I send it to my desktop. Ive tried uninstalling and reinstalling but its a no go.

Quote Originally Posted by 1996fan View Post
    I have tried to browse for the FFEDTIC_UNICODE and have moved it to various places but it seems like Im chasing the tail of a ghost. My computer just cant seem to find it even if I send it to my desktop. Ive tried uninstalling and reinstalling but its a no go.

See the attached photo --- Press the Settings button in Shape File Manager and write the exact path in your system in the box by FFEDITC_UNICODE, it does not matter where you install it...my copy is in a subfolder of my Shape File Manager folder, as you can see

bandicam 2019-08-14 20-54-53-298.jpg
    Cheers, R. Steele [Gerry] It's my railroad and I'll do what I want! Historically accurate attitude of US Railroad Barons.