Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Shape File Manager 25

Question Shape File Manager 25

Need help with this problem -- Shape File Manager 25.

I can uncompress one shape file and edit the file but can't compress this shape file. I am not sure why? Anyway here is second paragraph with the error message that I got below: After I clicked " Compress " in SFM25.

Shape File Manager

( ? ) SHAPEFILE: CEFX_AC4400CW_1050.s

ACTION: Compress shape file

-----------------------------------------------------

Shape File Manager

Compress failed to complete -- File not updated [object error]

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Any idea how to solve the problem so I can compress the file and right now the shape file is stuck with uncompress.

Thank you,

John

Quote Originally Posted by cn bala View Post

John
    Hi John,

I've had various issues over the years with the compression function in Shape File Manager - I think my fix was to just jump back to Route Riter and it would work fine...

Regards,
    Scott

I want to use Route Riter but how? I am trying to find a tutorial for compress/uncompress shape file of rolling stock in Route_Riter. Still searching this part at the moment.

John

Quote Originally Posted by cn bala View Post
    I want to use Route Riter but how? I am trying to find a tutorial for compress/uncompress shape file of rolling stock in Route_Riter. Still searching this part at the moment.

John
    Hi John,

So you have Route Riter installed - and you just need to know how to compress/uncompress ?

I think it's under the "MSTS Utilities" button ? I don't have it in front of me... Someone should be able to walk you through the steps - it's not hard...

Regards,
    Scott

I had the same problem a couple years ago. Don't remember whether I had to run SFM as Admin or move my MSTS folders out of the Programs folder.

Randy

Yes you are correct and it's under " MSTS File Utlits " button. But got the error message and I have to look up online to see if I can find this problem. And here is the error message below:

An error 380 occurred in subroutine 'Command26' please advise Support with details of operation being processed. That is Mike Simpson's Route Riter not Digital Rails. I don't know if I can contact Mike about this because he is no longer look after this program. Will try to find in MSTS.steam4me.net for the error messages. I really don't have any luck with both programs -- SFM25 and Route Riter.

Thank you again,

John

Another option is to try Archibald. I've never had issues compressing files with it - even ones that SFM did have issues with.
    Neil

Here at home, in the railroad mayhem capital of the world.

I also have found that " Tk_Utils.zip " in the library will do a lot of the compress/decompress actions easier and faster than SFM . I've used these utilities for almost 15 years and they still work just fine on todays files like they did then . You can drag n drop with them for simple actions or use command for shortcuts .

I was going to suggest conbuilder 2.4.7 (the last free version) with its included companion tool ShapeFixer for compressing/decompressing. If shape fixer detects errors in the shape. it will fix it before going through compression or decompression.

Upon cessation of Conbuilder, I thought someone put 2.4.7 up to the library here "with permission" but it seems to have gone bye-bye.

Neil -- Thank you for the file and I got the first shape file work to edit then compressed and after that go on to next shape file to edit but said " ILLEGAL DATA " on the bottom of Archibald. I am not sure what have I done with this. Really I don't have any luck with any shape file programs to edit.

Geepster775 -- I see that this file is no longer available in file library and gone for good. I remember there was a download for this but someone must have asked the administrator to remove the file download.

John