Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Shape File Manager 25

Hi geepster775 & John,
    Yes, I uploaded ConBuilder v2.4.7 to the file library, with permission, but it was reported to me that there were memory management problems with it, so withdrew it. I also had a problem creating a specific consist with it (sorry, can't remember the details). It appears that the reported memory problems may have been "fake news", but in the interests of, particularly novice, users, I haven't restored it to the library. If there is any call for it, I am prepared to re-upload it on the understanding that it will have absolutely no support from ConBuilder.com or myself.

Cheers,
    Ged

Ged, Dang it! Your the one who vaporized Conbuilder from the file library. Please do restore the files.

Robert

ER..... Aren't you forgetting something?

https://msts.steam4me.net/utilities/...e_manager.html

Original version never went away.... BUT, I seem to remember there's another issue re failing to uncompree/compress files???
    Geoff
    Dorset - near The Swanage Railway.
    UK

I've used that 2.4.7 version since about 2007 on XP and 8.1 and never had a problem with memory leaks. Naturally the app is showing its age and definitely has a sunset coming up in terms of usefulness in testing stock and activities as more and more ORTS physics take over, and you definitely need to right click one time for XP compatibility mode to run the aged installer on 8.1 or higher (I do hope that advice was clearly marked in your readme), but to this day I still use the companion app Shape Fixer for all my compression/decompression, handles shapes with dds just fine.

I spent just last nite using CB 2.4.7 on all this Bala 2 upgrade stuff (since the route is still rather MSTS-ey), to check the activity dependencies and consists. I made mods to point all activities, loose consist and regular consist to the centralized stock folder MLT_Bala_Freight and was able to delete more than half my existing folders in the TRAINSET for that route as duplicate material. Kudos to MLT for concentrating the stock in one folder, but dependency testing via Conbuilder definitely reported some gripes about their continuity in naming conventions and overuse of quote marks in ACT and CON files where they need not be. Nothing makes you walk the straight and narrow (and reduces downstream problems) as Conbuilder testing does.

There is no issue with Conbuilder 2.4.7 as far as memory is concerned. Me and Charles hashed that out a while ago. The issue thought stemmed from acts that would not work correctly if loose consists were modified. There was for a brief time a V2.4.9 but no one still present in the community seems to still have a copy? Not surprising but a little disappointing.

Robert

Hi geepster775,
    Many thanks for your feedback on ConBuilder v2.4.7.

My readme, included with the version uploaded, does, indeed, emphasise the importance of setting the Compatibility to Windows XP Service Pack 3.

Cheers,
    Ged

When I downloaded SFM I got the following message upon installation "Unable to locate FFEDITC_UNICODE.exe SFM25 will not be able to compress or uncompress files. Enter the path to FFEDITC_UNICODE.EXE in the Shape File Manager "Settings" dialog box." How do I solve this issue? I typed the FFEDITC_UNICODE.EXE into the dialog box and it did not seem to do anything.

FFEDITC_unicode.exe is part of the original MSTS install found in the Utils/FFEDIT folder.
    You can install SFM25 into this folder or copy FFEDITC_UNICODE.exe into your SFM25 folder.
    It's original content from Microsoft.

Randy

Quote Originally Posted by rdayt View Post
    FFEDITC_unicode.exe is part of the original MSTS install found in the Utils/FFEDIT folder.
    You can install SFM25 into this folder or copy FFEDITC_UNICODE.exe into your SFM25 folder.
    It's original content from Microsoft.

Randy
    I copied the FFEDITC_UNICODE.exe to the SFM25 folder and I still got the error message. I also typed in the path to the .exe and I still got an error message.

Hi all.

i have the same problem with SFM25. I mean, this is related to Windows10 and the new browser Edge, which nobody uses.
    I hope, the Community can understand my posts.

Michael