Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Conbuilder V2.4.9 Wanted???

Default Conbuilder V2.4.9 Wanted???

For a brief time around 2003 or 2004 there was an updated version of the last freeware version of conbuilder known as V2.4.9. if anyone happens to have a copy of this version please let me or Ged (Slipperman) know ASAP. We are working to get a good stable version of Conbuilder available again with the blessing of Joe and the conbuilder team to the community. V2.4.7 is known to have had a bug fixed in V2.4.9. If anyone can help us out we would appreciate it.

Robert

https://the-train.de/downloads/entry...-update-2-4-7/

Maybe this is what you're looking for?

Hi Robkeb,
    Thanks for the information, but we already have v2.4.7. The link you supplied is for v2.4.6 plus the upgrade to make it into v2.4.7.

Cheers,
    Ged

Thanks for the link Rob.
    Some of us didn't have 2.4.7.

Randy

Ged, If you have any contacts on the British side of things maybe they could help?

Robert

Hi Robert,
    I've posted requests for v2.4.8/v2.4.9 on uktrainsim.com and http://tsforum.forumotion.net/(TSSH).

Cheers,
    Ged

Hi,

@Robert : I have now been advised by Charles that v2.4.9 was in fact, payware so is not eligible for sharing.

I haven't received any information regarding v2.4.8, so if anybody has any information, please let me know

Cheers,
    Ged

Ged, Thanks for the update. I hope to see Charles post his findings out in the open on V2.4.9?

Robert
    Last edited by NW 2156; 05-04-2019 at 07:32 PM.

@Ged, sorry, misread your message

@Randy, glad to be of any help!

Quote Originally Posted by NW 2156 View Post
    ……………. I hope to see Charles post his findings out in the open on V2.4.9?

Robert
    The reasons I believe that version 2.4.9 was one of the early and perhaps the first Payware versions of ConBuilder is two fold:
    First reason is the ZIP that Craig Kawahara found on his PC was password protected. Craig provided "clean" beta testing for the ConBuilder Team during that time. I use the term "clean" in the sense that his PC was not contaminated with any of the development files.

The second reason is due to some old posts on the UKTS forum and here on this forum. The thread on the UKTS began with a post dated October 1, 2006, quoting our announcement that ConBuilder would now be Payware. Then on October 7, 2006, I posted the following on this forum "We are now at version 2.4.9 and have ideas for more changes and improvements."

However, Joe Smith, who is the owner of ConBuilder, has agreed to allow Ged, aka Slipperman on this forum, to upload version 2.4.9 to the library here and at UKTS.

BUT
    understand that this version will not be supported and that it does not calculate Consist MaxVelocity. Also its testing tools do report some errors that are false to MSTS and many errors that are not important to ORTS. And it has to be installed using the Win XP compatibility mode and it should NOT be installed in the Windows "Program Files, Program Files (86) and USERS" folders.
    Charles