Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: new UK route announced BR Sectorisation 1989 Tees Valley Line

I like to tinker and mod existing routes Vern. Not having the patience or stamina to do anything original, these days.

If the built in routes are not editable, then DTG can stuff it where the sun don't shine.

Agree with your comments above. I have no regard for or trust in either DTG or N3V.

Mike.
    The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt

Pretty much my thoughts Mike, though my thing is meddling around with model style routes these days. Since retiring I actually find I'm less inclined to spend (waste) my time on route building as I once did. Got better things to do or, rather, when you retire you think there's plenty of time but what happens is you put tasks off until suddenly realising there's a huge backlog.

Let the young blood burn their eyes and neurones out creating the routes and if they're any good I'll just buy them!
    Vern.

Advancing years make us more discerning in how we use our time Vern. No idea how i had time for work before retirement.

The hours, days and weeks just fly by. How anyone can say retirement is boring, i will never understand.

Mike.
    The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernWarrior View Post
    Let the young blood burn their eyes and neurones out creating the routes and if they're any good I'll just buy them!
    Yeah, but, it's not the young'uns who can build routes from the 70s/80s/90s, Vern, as they weren't around then and don't have the books and personal knowledge of what was about. These days they only want modern stuff such as the new Clas 80x Hitachi IETs, which I find as boring as hell, British Bullet Trains I call them, no character, just mass efficiency, not my cup of tea at all.

Cheerz. Steve.
    i5 4690 3.5 GHz Quad Core CPU, Gigabyte Z97-HD3, 16GB RAM, nVidia GTX1060 6GB, WIN 7 PRO 64-bit.

Good point Steve, not sure who DTG have employed to build these routes, maybe Keith Ross or one of the other period route builders from their main TS. The problem is at my age, apart from eyesight and manual dexterity it just gets harder to learn new techniques and processes and we know from TS that DTG do not put ease of use at the forefront when producing their editors. I might be wrong, but I suspect if/when we do get a TSW editor it will be fiendishly hard to use, not to mention bound even tighter with EULA stuff than TS is.
    Vern.

Quote Originally Posted by ex-railwayman View Post
    .... as they weren't around then and don't have the books and personal knowledge of what was about. ........
    Just on that point (about the Millennials not having a clue) and digressing slightly, I saw this brilliant pic yesterday:-

4b7efb2c2f044085cb40d0c16c39640b.jpg

Sums it up nicely!

(My daughter (Gen Y...born 1980) can't drive a manual and only has a license endorsed for automatic.)
    IBM XT i386; 512Kb RAM; 5.25" FDD; 1.4Mb FDD; 5Mb HDD; VGA 256-colour graphics card; AdLib soundcard; DR DOS 6.0; Windows 3.0

But then again, I am sure the youth of the automobile generation were scoffed at by the old timers of the day for not knowing how to shoe a horse, either.

Train Sim World: Tees Valley Line Pre-Release Stream

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/428327449

Yeah....but you could still drive an unshod horse and it only had one gear. ☺
    IBM XT i386; 512Kb RAM; 5.25" FDD; 1.4Mb FDD; 5Mb HDD; VGA 256-colour graphics card; AdLib soundcard; DR DOS 6.0; Windows 3.0

Not that anyone here really cares anymore but the patch notes for this release indicate that CSX Heavy Haul will finally get the physics updates. They've also fixed in route lighting and tunnel occlusion.

https://forums.dovetailgames.com/thr...updates.15077/
    Intel i7 7700K 4.5 Ghz - Gigabyte Aorus Z270X Gaming 7 - 32 Gb 3400 Mhz - Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX1080 8 Gb 1860 Mhz - Samsung SSD 960 Evo 500 Gb - Corsair H100i V2 - Win 10 Home 64