Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: new UK route announced BR Sectorisation 1989 Tees Valley Line

Getting OT now re cars, but I always preferred driving an automatic. Unfortunately the option just isn't available that widely in the UK and the only option to get an auto box on a Kia Sportage was to pay about 10k more than the base model that I settled for. However I've now got used to "stirring the porridge" as it's called on the six speed manual box.

As regards the cab on the 37, I wonder if they may have been told by the rail companies to cut down the detail? I remember when they initially published the Class 142 and one of the notices in the cab had the actual number for FGW Maintenance Control in Swindon still visible, clear as day. Had to contact DTG rather quickly on FGW's behalf on that one, to get the phone details removed. OTOH more likely to be lack of attention on DTG's part, in this particular case! Hopefully the Class 40 will fare better.
    Vern.

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernWarrior View Post
    As regards the cab on the 37, I wonder if they may have been told by the rail companies to cut down the detail? I remember when they initially published the Class 142 and one of the notices in the cab had the actual number for FGW Maintenance Control in Swindon still visible, clear as day. Had to contact DTG rather quickly on FGW's behalf on that one, to get the phone details removed. OTOH more likely to be lack of attention on DTG's part, in this particular case! Hopefully the Class 40 will fare better.
    Yes, that was also spotted by quite a few other folks, Vern, it's just shoddy DTG management nothing else, absolute bunch of amateurs.....

This is a screenshot I've just taken of the bulkhead on the Class 47 off NTP, Vern, it's extremely good in my eyes, obviously done by someone who knew what they were doing, was it Edward Fisk, or, Steve Dark, anyway, the AWS box is quite clearly painted correctly, and the levers are in the correct positions, I can't see how any TOC could possibly complain about the lack of a painted instruction on the Class 37/5 AWS housing, do you???

Cheerz. Steve.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by ex-railwayman; 05-25-2019 at 04:28 AM. Reason: re-edit
    i5 4690 3.5 GHz Quad Core CPU, Gigabyte Z97-HD3, 16GB RAM, nVidia GTX1060 6GB, WIN 7 PRO 64-bit.

Vern you are talking to someone who learned to drive on a gearbox with a crash gearbox on first a second gears, having to double de-clutch to change. Left BR and passed my PSV Class 1 licence on a PD3 training bus with a crash gearbox. But sadly only did that job for 2 years, as my marriage broke up and i had 5 children to bring up on my own.

As we used to say back then, "auto box cars are tarts motors"
    The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt

Quote Originally Posted by ex-railwayman View Post
    obviously done by someone who knew what they were doing, was it Edward Fisk, or, Steve Dark, anyway
    Ed Fisk has done the Class 45, Class 33, Class 08, and the upcoming Class 40.

I've personally held off on the TVL addon -- I was much more interested in the updated CSX locomotive physics (which are mostly great, although there are a few frustrating bugs that are still around), as well as the upcoming NTP freight pack.