Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: new UK route announced BR Sectorisation 1989 Tees Valley Line

Default new UK route announced BR Sectorisation 1989 Tees Valley Line

Out of the blue we have a new British route announced by DTG for TSW, called the Tees Valley Line, which is set around the Middlesbrough industrial region in the North East of England, in 1989, after British Rail had their freight traffic split up into Sectors, read all about it here -

https://live.dovetailgames.com/live/...hornaby-thrash

This is a short route - about 30 miles end to end, however, with the massive amount of British Steel Plants, Mills and Furnaces, along with ICI and other local heavy industries, plus the huge marshalling yard and Motive Power Depot situated at Thornaby, this will be a freight train driver's dream, it all depends on how much of the industrial sidings we can drive over, we'll see how it all pans out.

Cheerz. Steve.
    Last edited by ex-railwayman; 05-07-2019 at 01:02 PM. Reason: re-edit
    i5 4690 3.5 GHz Quad Core CPU, Gigabyte Z97-HD3, 16GB RAM, nVidia GTX1060 6GB, WIN 7 PRO 64-bit.

Thanks very much for the heads up Steve.

But 30 miles end to end, does not interest me, so DTG can keep it.

Thanks again.

Mike.
    The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt

I was hoping or something like Salisbury to Exeter. After all, they already have a Class 33, Class 47 and Mark 2 coaches would just need a Class 50 to finish off the motive power.

My interest in this will hinge on the included motive power - if it's truly set in the 80's with 25's, 31's and 37's I might be in.

Edit: Looks like recycled Gronk and MetCam DMU with a 37 to play with.
    Vern.

Salisbury - Exeter would be quite good Vern.

But knowing DTG, we would end up with Basingstoke - Salisbury

Mike.
    The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt

Hi Mike --

As an unashamed switcher (shunter in your world?) this might be the one and only route that would interest me. The critical question, though, is will DTG grant us the freedom to place locomotives (engines) and freight cars (wagons) as we choose, and freedom to roam at will?

If not, well, I will still be happy working a short line like this:

Phil

Probably not Phil, as DTG's "soon" for any form of editor package is even more legendary than Auran/N3V's use of the phrase...

And your excellent clip reminds me Phil, I need to stop pussy footing around with half started prototype projects and get back to building some model/miniature railways.
    Vern.

Hey Phil, quit with the advertising, wrong forum hahahahahahaha.

I thought it was "shunter" in Australia as well Phil ?

I really dislike short routes. At the moment i am having a lot of fun with the ARTC route in TRS19 merged with the Golbourn Line.

Over 400km of SG track and over 200km of BG.

Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernWarrior View Post
    My interest in this will hinge on the included motive power - if it's truly set in the 80's with 25's, 31's and 37's I might be in.
    You wouldn't have any 25s included with this route Vern, they'd all been withdrawn by 1987/88.
    Did you know 25093 was the most transferred locomotive on British Rail, at the time of withdrawal, it had been transferred twenty eight times, with allocations to every BR region including three months on the SR during 1964.

I'm on the fence with this route for the time being until I see how much track laid we can actually drive on, no good have loads of sidings and industrial spurs if they haven't put any junction levers in to allow us to drive whereever we want to.

Your Southern Region suggestion sounds very good, but, half the youngsters over on their forum want modern routes now with Class 88s and multicoloured plastic EMUs, can't see me getting too excited about that sort of thing!!!!

Lovely video Phil, you keep churning these top quality routes out for the Trainzers, well played, Sir.

Cheerz. Steve.
    Last edited by ex-railwayman; 05-10-2019 at 08:30 AM. Reason: re-edit
    i5 4690 3.5 GHz Quad Core CPU, Gigabyte Z97-HD3, 16GB RAM, nVidia GTX1060 6GB, WIN 7 PRO 64-bit.

That's the problem Steve - even the Class 158's and 159's are regarded as "vintage" traction these days.

Mind I remember being on duty on the (then) Provincial Desk in the old BR (WR) Control the first time we sent a 158 to Portsmouth from Cardiff, @ 1991. Got as far as Southampton before the alternator blew out on one of the cars and it had to limp back ECS to Canton on one engine with a portable headlamp fitted.

Still they were better than the 155's - standing joke about opportunities on Regional Railways, "As one door closes another will open." Thankfully we never lost anyone from a train when the doors did open in traffic but it took cutting the things in half and the complete rework into Class 153's at Kilmarnock to finally eradicate the problem.
    Vern.

Quote Originally Posted by haverfordwest View Post
    I thought it was "shunter" in Australia as well Phil ?....
    A correct thought, Mike.
    IBM XT i386; 512Kb RAM; 5.25" FDD; 1.4Mb FDD; 5Mb HDD; VGA 256-colour graphics card; AdLib soundcard; DR DOS 6.0; Windows 3.0