Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: new UK route announced BR Sectorisation 1989 Tees Valley Line

Thank you Bruce, i might be thick but i'm not stupid.

Mike.
    The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernWarrior View Post
    Still they were better than the 155's - standing joke about opportunities on Regional Railways, "As one door closes another will open." Thankfully we never lost anyone from a train when the doors did open in traffic but it took cutting the things in half and the complete rework into Class 153's at Kilmarnock to finally eradicate the problem.
    Nobody on the railway could understand why Leyland Bus at Workington were allowed to build the 153s after making such a dog's breakfast of the 155s, or, was it a peace deal to make up for the sorry mess, they put bus seats into them didn't they, glad Volvo bought them out and closed the factory in 1993, lord knows what would have happened if they'd have built even more monstrosities.

Anyway, it appears that this new Teesside route will be released by DTG on Steam next Thursday 23rd May, read all about it here - https://forums.dovetailgames.com/thr...3rd-may.16260/

Cheerz. Steve.
    i5 4690 3.5 GHz Quad Core CPU, Gigabyte Z97-HD3, 16GB RAM, nVidia GTX1060 6GB, WIN 7 PRO 64-bit.

Steve - the 153's were actually converted from the Western 155's (the West Yorkshire ones weren't touched) by splitting the two car units and putting a cab on the ex-inner end. Various other mods including fitting a valve on the toilet header tank to refill the coolant, on what became single engine units. The work was carried out at Kilmarnock, Alexander Barclays ISTR. The 155's had reasonable seating a least compared to the Pacers, though nothing like the loco hauled stock they replaced on Cardiff to Portsmouth and Cardiff to Manchester.
    Vern.

Thanks for that insight Vern, of course, nothing ever beat the springs and cushions of the old MK1 and 2 stock, you could even lie down and go to sleep on them, can't do that on the plastic seats of today......

Still on the fence with this Tees Valley route, on sale for a pre-order of £20, but, everywhere looks desolate and bland, not enough weeds and grasses, shrubs, bushes, across the whole yard areas and other places, out on the main line looks OK, but, for me because these Console players want cheap routes this is the mediocrity we'll get, and we've now learnt that in this new editor we can't go into the routes and change anything, so, we can't go and add clutter and vegetation ourselves to make the routes a bit more lifelike, not a good sign at all for the future......ho hum.

Cheerz. Steve.
    Last edited by ex-railwayman; 05-17-2019 at 08:04 AM.
    i5 4690 3.5 GHz Quad Core CPU, Gigabyte Z97-HD3, 16GB RAM, nVidia GTX1060 6GB, WIN 7 PRO 64-bit.

Where did you hear or see that about the editors, Steve ?

Mike.
    The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt

There was a couple of Twitch videos but I can't find them at the moment, Mike, this thread is on the TSW forum from last December, I made a couple of remarks as you can see, it's now towards the end of May and still no sight of an editor in any way shape, or, form, but, if we are going to be restricted as to what us end-users can do in the game, anyway, I'm not going to get excited about it........

https://forums.dovetailgames.com/thr...22/#post-59776

Cheerz. Steve.

Many thanks Steve, much appreciated. No route editing and i will not be buying another thing for TSW.

The non UK & US stuff doesn't interest me anyway.

Cheers buddy.

Mike.

I would be happy if we could mix and match train assets between the routes and create activities. Not that fussed about a full on route editor quite so much these days.
    Vern.

From one of the more recent dev. streams (I believe around the DB182 release), they mentioned that the editor is in closed beta testing. Apparently, one of the main reasons the editor is taking so long is that they're trying to figure out ways to work around the "baked" assets that are part of UE4 development, and allow for more flexibility and usage of the currently released routes. Here's hoping that it will be bumped to an open beta soon.

While DTG is far from perfect, they have been getting better. They recently revisited of Rapid Transit and did a full signal overhaul, are nearly finished with the American physics rework, and are revisiting scenery issues from Sand Patch. While these issues should have never been released, at least they're revisiting previous content.

While these issues should have never been released, at least they're revisiting previous content.
    Unlike the poor saps who paid up front for early access to Flight Sim World, only to have DTG pull the plug and abandon the project - having taken everyone's' money on a non-refundable basis. Never forget the people we are dealing with, despite all their smooth words and snake oil promises!
    Vern.