Thread: Bala 2.2 CN 545 Bradford Turn issues

Default Bala 2.2 CN 545 Bradford Turn issues

Using the default MLT supplied stock, running in OR 1.3.1-54, I am encountering some weird problems completing this activity. You depart Mac yard, head south on the Newmarket sub down to the oil facility. Given where the location of the reverse point is, I believe the intent in the MSTS days was to go all the way south and back in via the south switch onto the runner alongside the main and work the oil facility from the runner.

Snce OR gives us more options, I go to manual mode an enter the runner from the north end (pulling in, as opposed to backing in from the south end). My entire train is south of the road crossing, but the last 2 cars are hanging out on the main. Cut off my power, back into the oil facility, grab outbound cars on 2 and move them over to 3, leave both outbound cuts now in one long cut on 3. Take my power back to the train, grab the 8 drops and leave rear 4 on 2, and head 4 on 1, go back over to 3 and grab all 8 outbounds and pull them out onto the runner, recouple to the remaining 4 cars from my train, and pull everythng clear of the north runner switch with the main. Stop, cut power off and run lite engine out the south end of the runner and back onto the main. Once on the main (and back on path), restore to Auto mode and go down as far as necessary to trip the reverse point. Stop. Change ends. Proceed north on the main operating from my former trailing unit. Go back to Manual mode just past the north runner switch, and back into the runner and couple up to the lumber centerbeam (former last car of my train). With this, I have completed the runaround and am ready to proceed north to work other industries.

This is where things get weird. As I start to tug on the train to depart the runner and regain the main, the entire consist is very jerky. The jerkiness is caused by the locomotives dragging the train north while the rolling stock wheels continue to turn in the opposite direction, as if they were being pulled south. I also cannot move the camera 3 view any further down the consist than the first car (former last car, the centerbeam). If I save the activity and restart, the activity loads again, but my car count is doubled and the consist is mirrored (now the first and last cars are centerbeams)

I have done the switching as efficiently as possible given the tools I have in Open Rails. I suspect the problem is in the made-for-MSTS path. When departing Mac yard, I came across a couple of earlier reverse points employed as triggers to spawn and/or control AI traffic, which is one of those MSTS rigged tools that are redundant in the day of ORTS.

I'm going to create a copy of the install, and first test the replacement of wagons with other units to see if the problem persists. Then I'm going to build a new player path built specifically to take advantage of Open Rails and see what the outcome is.

Ready to depart the runner, after switching and runaround complete. The centerbeam was the last car in the train upon arrival. This is where the tug-of-war between wagon wheels and locomotive tr active effort begins.

If I do a save and restore, this is the result, a consist twice as long and now mirrored. Centerbeams are now first and last car.

2. Default

Just curious if you have tried the act in MSTS only and have the same result?
    Toronto Mainline Trains
    www.torontomainlinetrains.ca
    www.mapleleaftracks.com A Division Of Toronto Mainline Trains
    Subscribe Youtube
    Like Us On Facebook
    Follow Us On Twitter

Hi. I ran that same act and did not have a problem with it. Greg

Greg -- can you tell me which simulator are you using for this activity? OpenRails or OpenRails MonoGame or Microsoft Train Simulator. Just curious to know which simulator you are running with.

John

I ran that activity in OR without getting stuck at Esso Imperial. It should be noted, however, that before running the activity I opened up the player path in the Track Viewer and found that the reverse points at both ends of the Newmarket Sub were marked as invalid. I used the "Fix invalid point" feature to fix the reverse points, and then ran the activity. The activity worked as expected.

Where can I find this particular route?

Quote Originally Posted by Claude350 View Post
    Where can I find this particular route?
    http://www.mapleleaftracks.com/
    Cheers, R. Steele [Gerry] It's my railroad and I'll do what I want! Historically accurate attitude of US Railroad Barons.

Hi I was running in or. Run every thing in or sense Microsoft killed MSTS. Greg

Thank you Greg for your reply about this activity. Good to know that you don't have any problem with this.

John