Thread: Please recommend Weed and Grass?

Default Please recommend Weed and Grass?

Could someone please recommend some realistic weeds and grass (shapes) to add more details and realism to my route...

Adding good detailed vegetation provides very high quality in realism that are every enjoyable...

Thanks and regards

Enviado desde mi SM-A720F mediante Tapatalk

I know that I have some freeware stuff from some UK sites, but I no longer have the links. Maybe someone will recognize these files: they start with "MM_"?? Jean Brisson released some nice grass clumps back some time ago. I think the Czek vegetation pack that was popular years back had some grass files.
    SLI routes have decent grasses, as do a few other freeware and payware routes.
    Neil

Here at home, in the railroad mayhem capital of the world.

The trick with those Russian vegetation sets is that no one really knows whether you have to get permission to use them. They are otherwise very good.

Norbert Rieger has some on his site, www.dbtracks.com, which he made before his passing

Also to watch with the Russian tree and veg collections, the item description is in Cyrillic. Not an issue for MSRE or TSRE but if you put the route through Route Riter for any reason it will choke on the non Roman characters and may corrupt your reference file, as I found some time ago to my dismay.

As regards permissions, I've never got a route to the point where I would be releasing it but it always strikes me as being pretty bloody daft to offer items as a freeware download but then impose restrictions or permissions on like for like (i.e. freeware not payware) use/distribution. Personally at this stage of MSTS life I would have no hesitation including anything from any freeware source (including routes) in one of mine, releasing with a generic thanks in the readme file with a disclaimer if anyone really objects contact me and let me know!
    Vern.

I appreciate the information provided.... I will be following your recommendations

Thanks and regards

Enviado desde mi SM-A720F mediante Tapatalk