Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Would there be any interest ----

Cool Would there be any interest ----

Colleagues,

As I have attained the age of 80, and most of my ancestors didn't make it past
    88, although my father made it to 96, it is not likely that many of the routes in
    my bucket list will ever be done.

Therefore, I am wondering if there would be any interest on the part of experienced
    route creators to flesh out & detail routes for which I have done the track and most
    roads as well as providing most bridges & track related details. I think most of you
    have my routes, especially those from the RMD-1 (RMD-EAST) and later will agree
    that I do the track well. This is because I was manager of track inspection on the
    Southern Railway from 6/67 to 8/78.

The routes I already have taken to this level are the Big Sandy South, (C&O/CSX)
    which includes all coal branches south of Paintsville, KY. and the Milwaukee Rd.
    Great Falls Line. (electrified at the east end, Harlowton yard area) These routes
    would require more roads.

Other routes for which I have researched the details, created the route & did
    the terrain generation but need track & roads:

Eastern Kentucky (L&N/CSX)
    Camas Prairie
    MRS Logistica Steel Route (Brazil, Ore Hauler)
    MRS Logistica Port connection (Brazil, Ore Hauler)

Other routes:
    Clinch - Appalachia -- NS in the southwest VA & KY coal fields.
    Milwaukee Road Rocky Mtn. Div. (non-electrified, Harlowton to Miles City)
    Milwaukee Road Aberdeen Div. (Miles City, MT to Mobridge, SD)

J. H. Sullivan
    (aka landnrailroader)

Jerry, The last three routes listed are of interest to me.

Robert

One day when I get my favorite engines reskinned.........lol....long job, would still have interest in L&N/CSX Louisville to downtown Nashville.
    Rick

http:\\mononrr.com

MONON-2

Rick,

I forgot to put that one in the list. Also two others. In doing the Main Stem
    (which is what the L&N called it) I included both routes into Nashville. Not
    likely anyone will try to duplicate Radnor Yard, but the line to it will be
    included.

L&N Henderson Sub. Evansville, IN to Nashville & I have the diagram for the two
    main bridges on this line, Ohio R. & Green R.

And

L&N (NC&StL, CSX) Chattanooga Sub. which include the Sparta Branch which
    includes the coal mines that died around 1930. The Tracy City Branch,
    Sequatchie Valley Br. & Huntsville Br. All of these branches are gone except
    the Sparta Br. as far as Sparta which is now a short line.

I haven't done the track/roads on any of these but I have prepared the
    route.

J. H. Sullivan

I would think someone might have an interest in some of these. I've started on BNSF Hi-Line Sub. and will probably do all the infrastructure before handing it off for someone to do scenery. I have no idea whowould, but I really don't care - scenerywas never my favorite thing

I don't mind doing scenery, but I acknowledge that is not my area of good expertise. All you
    need to do, to prove this, is compare the RMD-1 with the RMD-EAST, i.e. the relevant parts.
    It is also very time consuming. I can do infrastructure on a fairly complex route in a few
    months, and then take years to do the rest, and I'm running low on years.

J. H. Sullivan

Halfway between Portland and Seattle in the Shifting Sands

Jerry, I want to thank you for all your hard work and time taken to do these routes, knowing your time is potentially limited. I couldn't imagine that myself because I am going to be 38. I can't do anything very active because of the active things I used to do. I'm into playing really intricate music and even that gets to me sometimes. Even running a locomotive can be tedious when switching with my RA. So I need to really focus on what's important for the short time I'm allowed to write and play. I'm really looking forward to seeing the Harlowton to Miles City and the Miles City to Mobridge. I know all the little details will come into place and I'd definitely like to see the Milwaukee all the way to Louisville and the North Woods, Iowa, Omaha, etc... I know it can happen one way or another. Beer Line, etc... Amazing things can happen. TSRE will bring things a lot more into focus I believe.

Kenny

Jerry, I think it could be a good idea to release what you've got in some kind of "open source" kind of arrangement so that someone yet to be identified can find them and pick up where you left off even if you aren't actively here to facilitate that.

If you had B&O on your list I'd be jumping up and down (if it was the Maryland Division, anyhow). Southern from Manassas to Washington DC. RF&P.

At some point I'm going to move into route building in a more serious way. Just need to finish off some BLWZT projects. When I do my list (at this point) will be (may be):
    1. 1970's Green Mountain RR/B&M Connecticut River Line [building on the work of Paul Charland]
    2. B&O Georgetown Branch, Metropolitan Division, circa 1940
    3. New Haven RR Cape Cod circa 1940
    4. New Haven/B&A in the Boston area [Building on the work of I think Micheal Stephen]
    All routes I've been fully qualified on myself and know in detail.

Christopher

Quote Originally Posted by conductorchris View Post
    4. New Haven/B&A in the Boston area [Building on the work of I think Micheal Stephen]
    Christopher
    You meant the B&A RR Route by Barry Hile? He is no longer in this community for a long time, but I am trying to "upgrade" that route to bring back correct signals and removing some useless NEC gantries that does not belong to that route, plus upgrading some scenery and removing useless tracks. There is one person here in the forum that had done so, and trying to locate it. Since now with TSRE thats out, this will make things easier.

Thanks
    Dave Edwards

Hi Dave,

NOT the B&A route that was pulled from the library the contains the full length (or most of it) but with fairly default scenery. There is a different unfinished NH/B&A route that goes west only to Framingham but contains other trackage of NH now in the MBTA area. Anyway, at this point it is aspirational. Talk is cheap and I haven't done a damm thing.

Christopher