Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Change the wheels but how?

Default Change the wheels but how?

I would like to change the wheels of some of the Microsoft Train Simulator rolling stock that have flinstones wheels. I found the zip file here in the file library but not sure which one would that fit nicely on some of the rolling stock's wheels. That's Microsoft Train Simulator wheels from way back with flinstones wheels. Anyway here what I found the zip file of the wheels below:

tsmtruck.zip

ffhreskn.zip

qrbogie4.zip

The rolling stock that have flinestones wheels are intermodal and lumber cars too.

If that is a possibility to change then where do I find the line that need to be change for the wheels in wag file through ConTEXT editor.

Thank you,

John

Hi John,

Search the lib for “Cantu” - he replaced most of the default MSTS rolling stock with super high quality models of his own - as drop in replacements keeping all the texture maps the same - so any textures and activities made for the original will work just fine with his...

Regards,
    Scott

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Scott,

Thank you for your reply and realized that there is a file of " newwheel " by Erick Cantu and just download the file from the file library and will do the drop in replacements of MSTS default rolling stock in the morning.

John

Hi John,

I am sorry to say but the files in "newwheel.zip" by Erick Cantu are only for model builders, they are not a drop in replacement. The drop in replacements by Erick Cantu for the default cars are "us2new01.zip", "us2new02.zip", "us2new03.zip", and "us2frfix.zip" (fix for "us2new01.zip").

Uli

Hi Uli,

Thanks for letting me know and see that the default intermodal cars still have flintsones wheels and guess that I will have to swap to another intermodal cars.

John

Hi John,
    Have you looked at the wagons in us2repl.zip? There are no big changes in the shape of the wheels, but they certainly don't look as "chunky" as those on the default wagons

They also look remarkably similar to those which the redoubtable Otto Wipfel had on his website (mp3kcons.zip)!!

Cheers,
    Ged

Yes I did see the file of us2pel in file library and download them but not for default intermodal cars. I tried to find Otto Wipfel's mp3kcons and came up empty at his site which was closed and even try with wayback machine -- still can't find this. What's about at UKTS? Yes I am a member there but not sure if Otto still have these at UKTS or not or only at his site which is closed for good. Not sure if any member here still have these file with mp3kcons and would be nice if can upload to file library for anyone who want to download this.

Cheers,

John

Hi John,
    There's nothing in the readme for mp3Kcons.zip which refers to permission, but I doubt if anybody would be allowed to upload it due to it containing some MSTS original files.

Cheers,
    Ged

OK and no worries about this file and got other that I did not know till you mentioned in your message. It's us2repl.zip. All is good now

Thank you again,

John

Don't give up on looking for the Erick Cantu default rolling stock. He did do drop in replacements of at least some default stock. His might not be the only ones either.
    Christopher