Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Something blew in from the dump

Quote Originally Posted by tooltroll View Post
    RTELitter.zip - Uploaded today, should show up in the F/L tomorrow. Final count: 15 items, plus my previous trash pile transfer for big piles.

I think "crap" has never been so expected and so welcome.
    It sure is good trash.
    Chimbica Dash8

A big thank you, Bob! Your work and generosity is very much appreciated
    What other tricks do you have up your sleeve?
    Neil

Here at home, in the railroad mayhem capital of the world.

I have a few ideas for another litter collection, but I need to do something different first. I'm afraid I'm one of those people that gets bored doing the same thing for too long. . . I had thought of doing a collection of trackside/MOW items, but there's no shortage of those in the F/L already.

TBH, I wanted litter for the route I'm working on, so I did litter. Now, I'm in a bit of limbo, trying to decide (or be inspired) what to do next. So. . . besides more litter, what do we all (as a community) need, as far as detail items go?

I'm open to suggestions and requests. . .

Quote Originally Posted by anderson martins View Post
    I think "crap" has never been so expected and so welcome.
    It sure is good trash.
    Hey. It's not nice to talk about someone's garbage they made .
    Bob..have you thought of old washers...dryers. Rusty wheel barrows. I know half-life has those objects.
    Rory

LOL. Actually, I pissed myself laughing when Neil posted this:
    Quote Originally Posted by qballbandit View Post
    Your nailing it. Please forgive me, I have to ask, are you uploading this garbage here, or is it simply for your own enjoyment?
    I can't think of anywhere else, or any other context, where this wouldn't be an insult likely to start a flame war.

So. . . more garbage, but larger?

When you look at a route, what stands out as missing? Or in need of an upgrade? Also, what do you like making? I'm kind of like signs and signals junkie, so that's what I tend to make

Quote Originally Posted by ebnertra000 View Post
    When you look at a route, what stands out as missing? Or in need of an upgrade? Also, what do you like making? I'm kind of like signs and signals junkie, so that's what I tend to make
    Yep, this is the nub of it. Me personally, coming from superdetailed model RRs, and hi-res Blender animations, I'm a litter and details junkie, so the first thing that hit me was a lack of litter, and the gawdawful lo-res textures on the older assets, so that's what I made. I'll eventually get back to making more of the same. The thing is, I need variety or else I get bored and demotivated, so if others could tell me 'what stands out missing or is in need of an upgrade' to them, I get interesting projects to do, and they get the stuff they think has been missing.

Steam era litter - Lots of discarded paper because people read the newspaper every day - Lots of discarded bottles because everything came in glass bottles. Between that and a layer cinders, the area alongside the tracks could be rather 'crunchy'.

Awesome work on the litter.

Nice addition....the tracks always seem to be a dumping ground..Thanks!!!!
    CG