Thread: Display Catenary/OHLE

Default Display Catenary/OHLE

Done a quick search and can't see anything - is there a setting somewhere in TSRE to display overhead wires above the track? I know MSRE only does this at points and only after re-entering the route, but it is enough to judge the correct wire height for the gantries/posts being used.
    Vern.

Hi Vern,

I asked for the same thing over a year ago.
    As I recall Goku said he was planning to incorporate that with a Procedural Track system.

All I wanted was for TSRE to display a wire the same as the Sim does at a user selected height to aid me in setting the support gantries, something like a TDB line display.

regards,
    vince
    ............Vince ..............
    ...... Author NECv4 .......
    .... LIRR BUILD PHOTOS ....
    .............LIRR VIDEO.............
    ...... Eschew Obsfucation ......

On the The Statue of Liberty in New York Harbor there is a Tablet. On it is written:
    "Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
    the wretched refuse of your teeming shore, send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed to me,
    I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

Thanks Vince, looks like that process will still need to be done in MSRE for now. Hopefully on Goku's to do list. Ideally on a toggle so you can switch off and on as required.
    Vern.

Raiganj, Uttar Dinajpur, West Bengal, India.

I also asked same thing to Goku sir. He replied me to use static wire. . And now I am using static wire but it's very hard to place static OHE on sharp curves, points, and also my simulation FPS fall down for static ohe .

My eyesight and manual dexterity is way too gone to do static OHLE! A couple of routes in DTG TS also went down the road of having the overhead wire separate from the track and while it might give better results, it is far too much work than having the wire integrated with the track section. Trainz, where you use splined OHLE not so bad as it's as easy to place including all the linking pieces at points and crossings.
    Vern.