Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Activity Editor Stops Responding

Default Activity Editor Stops Responding

Whenever I Try To Edit Traffic or Add A New Service For My Activity Through Traffic Editor in MSTS editor & tools... It (MSTS editor and tools) freezes/stops and within few seconds it Crashes... I need help to Stop this Problem.... Help me Please....

When asking for help, it's best to give more information rather than less. I'm assuming you have a working installation. In your case, what route, what consist is this happening?? Does the route and consist work for other activities??
    Chris
    "True rail fans have two favorite railroads. The B&O and one other."

I am not talking about Consists.. The Route is Indian.. I am saying that whenever I Try To Add New Traffic Services in My Activity MSTS editor & Tools Crashes...

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Swagger View Post
    I am not talking about Consists.. The Route is Indian.. I am saying that whenever I Try To Add New Traffic Services in My Activity MSTS editor & Tools Crashes...
    Look, What Chris is saying we all need more information... That answer is nothing and not going to help you resolve the issue. So if you want to help us, PLEASE listen to what they are saying..

What ROUTE?
    What INSTALLATION?
    OS?
    DOES the route and consist work for other activities??

Anything you can tell us. "I Try To Add New Traffic Services in My Activity MSTS editor & Tools Crashes..." is NOT gonna help us solve.

Thanks
    Dave Edwards

Route:Khandesh
    Installation: "Can You Please Explain this"
    And Please also Explain what you mean by "Does the Route and Consist Work for other Activities??"

The Activity Editor sadly is one of the more fragile elements of MSTS editing suite running on modern hardware, even more so than the route editor. However as noted a calm collected breakdown of your hardware, operating system and the exact steps taken before the crash are key to solving the issue or even seeing if it is solvable. For example, I can no longer use AE on my main PC due to UHD screen resolution - it opens, gets so far but then none of the radio buttons work.

Might be worth investigating whether the limited activity editing function in Goku's TSRE can help you.

Also need to acknowledge that not all Indian routes are entirely 100% error free or built to the same standards compared to those from other parts of the world and that the route itself might have a defective track node or other issue which prevents the AE working correctly.
    Vern.

Installation? Means where did you install MSTS? In the CD installer's default of C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Train Simulator or did you follow the Win 7 install process at the Stean4Me web sight as recommended in hundreds of posts on this forum and install it into C:\1MSTS? If you used the CD installer location. Start over and use the procedure at Steam4Me or you will continue to have problems.

"Does the Route and Consist Work for other Activities??" Mean:
    Have you run other Activities on the Route? Have you used the Consist?

Now you say "
    Whenever I Try To Edit Traffic or Add A New Service For My Activity Through Traffic Editor in MSTS editor & tools... It (MSTS editor and tools) " At what exact point does the AE crash? When you click on the New button under Player Service? When the Service Editor opens? When you select a consist? Or when you click on the New button in the Service Editor window to create a new consist?

Have you tested all the ENGs, WAGs and consists in your Trainset with programs like ConBuilder and Convoi? And if so have you corrected all know errors? Critical errors in ENGs and WAGs will cause this sort of crash with no error message.
    Charles

Good point about the stock, Charles. There have been plenty of posts in the past from our Indian friends which on investigation point to errors in how the assets are set up.
    Vern.

I didn't Installed MSTS in Default I Have installed MSTS in Local Disk "E" ....

I Will Tell You When And Where The AE Crashes....
    1] I Opened My Act In MSTS edior&Tools....{ it takes 4-6 seconds to load The Act. }
    2] Then I Go to the "Traffic Pattern" Section { Bottom Right Area Of MSTS Edior & Tools } And Then I Select My Act's Traffic Pattern Then I Select The " Edit " Option ..
    3] After selecting "Edit" Option The Traffic pattern of MY Act Opens .... And Then I Click " NEW " option [ Located Just Below The " Select Service" Option ] And Just After It MSTS edior & Tools Crashes...

Note; I Haven't Installed MSTS in Its Default Location .. I Have Installed It In Local Disk "e"