Thread: AVG Antivirus will not allow me to update OR

Default AVG Antivirus will not allow me to update OR

Hi all,

I just recently did a manual update to see what the newest version of the OR_NewYear_MG looked like. When I tried to do an update to return to the latest testing version of OR my antivirus program would not allow me to do so. I received a popup stating that the updater program may be harmful. Also they said they are looking into updater.exe and would get back to me soon. That was early this morning and I am still waiting.....
    In the past I have never had a problem updating to the latest testing version. It looks like I am back to manual updates of OR.

BTW my antivirus program is a payware version of AVG Ultimate.

Fred

Many AV programs do the same thing for anything that you haven't run before . It's alright but let them check it and then they won't keep bothering you about it . All they do is " white list " it . You can do it manually because they usually give you the option but if you aren't sure
    just wait a while .

That's strange. AVG has a white list option. I entered the file using the browse option to be sure I had the entire path. I still get the popup and can't use the update feature.

Fred

PS I have been using the update feature of OR for years.
    Last edited by frliss; 05-21-2019 at 05:31 PM. Reason: Added PS