Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Various Coal/SWIFT Trains on the Orin Line

NS AC44C6M #4000, CITX SD70M-2 #141, and NS sister #4001 haul empty XCLX hoppers towards Alliance, NE, for a crew change before heading up to North Antelope Mine via BNSF.

Quote Originally Posted by ZachBell4400 View Post

NS AC44C6M #4000, CITX SD70M-2 #141, and NS sister #4001 haul empty XCLX hoppers towards Alliance, NE, for a crew change before heading up to North Antelope Mine via BNSF.
    Hi, ZachBell4400 !
    how coal wagons are unloaded on this route. is there a terminal?

very good the models
    Chimbica Dash8

Donkey Creek Junction, Wyoming, is where they have a staging yard for empty coal trains waiting to head to the mines via Orin Sub. Some UP-serviced mines are featured as well. Black Thunder and North Antelope are examples.

Quote Originally Posted by anderson martins View Post
    how coal wagons are unloaded on this route?
    The coal is moved to places hundreds of miles away from this route before it is unloaded.

This is primarily a coal-hauling route between Alliance and Donkey Creek. There are no coal-fired plants anywhere as far as I know along the ORIN LINE. But Superior, WI, Fergus Falls, MN, Becker, MN and Cohasset, MN are examples of unloading spots on its service.

Quote Originally Posted by ZachBell4400 View Post
    This is primarily a coal-hauling route between Alliance and Donkey Creek. There are no coal-fired plants anywhere as far as I know along the ORIN LINE. But Superior, WI, Fergus Falls, MN, Becker, MN and Cohasset, MN are examples of unloading spots on its service.
    good to know. do you have the route? Make some pictures for us to see.
    Chimbica Dash8

Yes, I have the V1.03 of the ORIN LINE, I added US1Tracks textures to the route to make it more realistic. Here's BNSF SD70ACe #9274 leading a local out of Gillette, WY.