Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Question about organizing OR folders

Hi Gerry,

you mention "4 prerequisite folders ( and sub folders )", i was under the impression of 3, GLOBAL, ROUTES and TRAINS. When looking again at geepsters's reply, i saw SOUND, is it the 4th one?

Michel

Quote Originally Posted by michelouim View Post
    Hi Gerry,

you mention "4 prerequisite folders ( and sub folders )", i was under the impression of 3, GLOBAL, ROUTES and TRAINS. When looking again at geepsters's reply, i saw SOUND, is it the 4th one?

Michel
    RTFM! Pages 8 & 9
    Charles

Hi Gerry,

Michel
    To follow up --- Yes.

Also...Charles has a very good point, that bears repeating...Goodness, after all these years of people carping and posting about NO Documentation, lack of documentation, and scanty documentation for MSTS....We now have a (searchable)pdf Manual with illustrations, charts, and graphs, that is reasonably kept up to date by volunteers and people just don't read [email protected]#%#$%#$ thing!

Save yourself some grief and educate yourself, just dive in somewhere and start to read....the first chapters are good...a real page turner!
    There is so much in there...I've spent the last 6 years reading and re-reading it...Start now. Okay...end of tirade.
    Cheers, R. Steele [Gerry] It's my railroad and I'll do what I want! Historically accurate attitude of US Railroad Barons.

Guity as charged for not rolling back to pages 8-9...

Fast reading over the first chapters and memory did not catch entirely what was said, as i mention i was in a hurry to try the Scenic sub, so i was more in chapters 6 and 7 in configuration and playing mode (even at 70, I am still acting as a child with a new toy, sorry if it never happens to some people, but i will continue to read and enjoy your post as I have in the past learn more from you than from any manual....). And maybe i overlooked those pages because i thought i saw somewhere that it was only 3 required folders. the end of that.

By the way, is it my Adobe or a feature in the manual, but each time i open it, i am at the page i closed it. If it is an OR feature, that is a very very good one....as all there is so far with OR.

Michel

...(even at 70, I am still acting as a child with a new toy, sorry if it never happens to some people, Michel
    Brother, do I understand that...same age group, rediscovering a youthful interest and aptitude for math and physics...besides I get to play with trains. IMO, much better than the old Lionel on the basement floor with a paper mache tunnel.

By the way, is it my Adobe or a feature in the manual, but each time i open it, i am at the page i closed it. If it is an OR feature, that is a very very good one....as all there is so far with OR.Michel
    Hmmm, mine does not do that...perhaps there is an option I've missed...I always open up at the title page.
    Cheers, R. Steele [Gerry] It's my railroad and I'll do what I want! Historically accurate attitude of US Railroad Barons.

Quote Originally Posted by R. Steele View Post
    ... much better than the old Lionel on the basement floor with a paper mache tunnel.
    I had mine i was 1 year old...and still have it in boxes...but my main interest, after getting my house some 40 years back, was HO...I removed my layout and got only in MSTS about 7 years ago... still has all the HO assets in boxes...that is great memory.....I hope yours are the same

Michel

……………..

By the way, is it my Adobe or a feature in the manual, but each time i open it, i am at the page i closed it. If it is an OR feature, that is a very very good one....as all there is so far with OR.

Michel
    Hmmm, mine does not do that...perhaps there is an option I've missed...I always open up at the title page.

I use Foxit Reader for PDFs.. In Preferences under History have selected "Return Last view settings when reopening" selected.
    Charles

Quote Originally Posted by crstagg View Post
    [COLOR=#222222][FONT=Verdana]

I use Foxit Reader for PDFs.. In Preferences under History have selected "Return Last view settings when reopening" selected.
    Thanks much Charles, was not aware of Foxit...will give it a look. Although, I did discover how to open to last page viewed in the manual, in the Acrobat Reader.
    Regards, Gerry

I just check again with other PDF documents. All the OR related documents in the Documentation sub-folder ( Manual, Installation guide, ORTS trackviewer manual ) reopened at the last page. Other PDF, like TSRE manual, reopened at page 1.

So to me, it seems it is a feature from the OR team and not Acrobat.

Michel

... Although, I did discover how to open to last page viewed in the manual, in the Acrobat Reader.
    Regards, Gerry
    My reply to Charles came while you did yours....How can you set that?

Michel