Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: 3Dtrains L&N GP7 and GP9 Set

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Lexington, Ky
    Posts
    2,382

    Default 3Dtrains L&N GP7 and GP9 Set

    I just got the 3DTrains GP7 / GP9 set.

    All the A#_Number.ace files have the number tran's out.
    I corrected the ace, but the engine number still does not show in Open Rails,
    It does show in shape viewer and it does show in MSTS though.
    Also, the front and rear cab windows do not see through into the cab also, but the side windows do?
    Any ideas why?????

    Pictures and Open Rails error log below:

    Shape Viewer



    MSTS



    Open Rails




    Open Rails found these errors with the engines:

    Warning: Found a suffix '/m/s' which could not be parsed as a Resistance unit in F:\1MSTS-Train-Sim-MONON-2\trains\trainset\3DTrains_GP9_LN1\GP7_LN_402.eng: line 40

    Warning: Found a suffix '/m/s' which could not be parsed as a Resistance unit in F:\1MSTS-Train-Sim-MONON-2\trains\trainset\3DTrains_GP9_LN1\GP9_LN_501.eng: line 40

    Warning: Found a suffix '/m/s' which could not be parsed as a Resistance unit in F:\1MSTS-Train-Sim-MONON-2\trains\trainset\3DTrains_GP9_LN1\GP9_LN_513.eng: line 40

    Warning: Found a suffix '/m/s' which could not be parsed as a Resistance unit in F:\1MSTS-Train-Sim-MONON-2\trains\trainset\3DTrains_GP9_LN1\GP9_LN_517.eng: line 40

    Warning: Found a suffix '/m/s' which could not be parsed as a Resistance unit in F:\1MSTS-Train-Sim-MONON-2\trains\trainset\3DTrains_GP9_LN1\GP9_LN_519.eng: line 40

    Warning: Found a suffix '/m/s' which could not be parsed as a Resistance unit in F:\1MSTS-Train-Sim-MONON-2\trains\trainset\3DTrains_GP9_LN1\GP9_LN_520.eng: line 40

    Warning: Found a suffix '/m/s' which could not be parsed as a Resistance unit in F:\1MSTS-Train-Sim-MONON-2\trains\trainset\3DTrains_GP9_LN1\GP7_LN_432.eng: line 40

    Warning: Found a suffix '/m/s' which could not be parsed as a Resistance unit in F:\1MSTS-Train-Sim-MONON-2\trains\trainset\3DTrains_GP9_LN1\GP7_LN_436.eng: line 40

    Warning: Found a suffix '/m/s' which could not be parsed as a Resistance unit in F:\1MSTS-Train-Sim-MONON-2\trains\trainset\3DTrains_GP9_LN1\GP7_LN_453.eng: line 40


    Line 40 is a friction stting though:

    Friction (
    1224N/m/s 0 0.7mph 18.51/m/s 1.79
    5.1N/rad/s 1 -1rad/s 0 1
    )
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Rick-MONON; 05-28-2019 at 02:41 AM.
    Rick

    http:\\mononrr.com

    MONON-2


  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Norwich, Norfolk, United Kingdom.
    Posts
    937

    Default

    Rick

    Change

    Friction (
    1224N/m/s 0 0.7mph 18.51/m/s 1.79
    5.1N/rad/s 1 -1rad/s 0 1
    )

    to look like this adding the missing N

    Friction (
    1224N/m/s 0 0.7mph 18.51N/m/s 1.79
    5.1N/rad/s 1 -1rad/s 0 1
    )

    that should get rid of the error messages and those may be the reason for the other prob

    Intel i5 2400, Mobo ASUS P8H67, Win 7 Prof 64bit, 32GB Ram, Nvidia GTX960 4GB, SB Audigy, 6.25TB HDD's.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Lexington, Ky
    Posts
    2,382

    Default

    Thanks Bernard

    No change on the number boards and windows not showing in Open Rails.

    I then checked my 3DTrains GP9 SP and EL models.

    The EL GP9 has the same problem.

    But the SP GP9 is ok......

    But it did fix the error log alright.
    Last edited by Rick-MONON; 05-28-2019 at 09:01 AM.
    Rick

    http:\\mononrr.com

    MONON-2


  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Lexington, Ky
    Posts
    2,382

    Default

    FIXED IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    The 3Dtrains GP9 sets probably most have this issue with Open Rails.

    The GP9 SP did not have the issue though.

    Issues with the sets are:

    The engine shape file needs two Prim States changed.

    3 ace files need the Alpha channel added, they are missing the alpha pictures......

    And they need the eng file corrected for the Friction values (that Bernard mentioned), but this did not effect why the engine did not display properly in Open Rails.

    I will post the changes needed today......
    Last edited by Rick-MONON; 05-28-2019 at 10:14 AM.
    Rick

    http:\\mononrr.com

    MONON-2


  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Lexington, Ky
    Posts
    2,382

    Default

    Actually, kinda hard to post the changes without posting the picture of the alphas, if you need yours fixed, just pm me.

    But for the clever ones, here it is:

    prim_state Number_Bright ( 00000000 0
    tex_idxs ( 1 6 ) 0 2 0 0 1

    change it to:

    prim_state Number_Bright ( 00000000 1
    tex_idxs ( 1 6 ) 0 2 1 0 1



    prim_state Plate ( 00000000 0
    tex_idxs ( 1 7 ) 0 0 0 0 1

    change it to:

    prim_state Plate ( 00000000 1
    tex_idxs ( 1 7 ) 0 0 1 0 1



    prim_state Main_Shine ( 00000000 0
    tex_idxs ( 1 2 ) 0 1 0 0 1


    change it to:

    prim_state Main_Shine ( 00000000 1
    tex_idxs ( 1 2 ) 0 1 1 0 1


    Texture changes:
    add alpha to
    A1_Main1.ace
    A1_Main2.ace

    add alpha and name plate and number to
    A1_Number.ace

    I used the alphas from the SP GP set and just added the correct alpha for the number file that 3DTrains usually uses on their F Unit sets.
    Rick

    http:\\mononrr.com

    MONON-2


  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Berlin/Germany
    Posts
    405

    Default

    Thanks a lot for the detailed explanation!

    Uli

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •