Thread: M Tracks Detailed Instructions?

Default M Tracks Detailed Instructions?

Installed M Tracks with a view to possibly using in a future project.

The very basic readme file (dated 2005) refers to a link at http://home.comcast.net/~markhyams/mtracks . Not surprisingly this no longer exists and the Wayback Machine can't recall it. Is there another source to find these instructions? Thanks.
    Vern.

A copy of the documentation has been posted to http://digital-rails.com/mtracks/index.html

Thank you kind sir. Having taken a look at the various pieces it seems they are more of an extension to, than replacement for, the variety of shapes available via X-Tracks. Always good to have more choice.
    Vern.

Hi,

They are more of an adjunct to X-tracks and Kuju tracks, in that they have a different track center than X-tracks which uses the MSTS track centers. In the middle of a CPU fail, I can't access the data I have. I did use them on Tristate in Scranton, and wound up shy 1 track from the DL&W 1920 Valuation maps. Using KUJU centers I would have lost 6 tracks. Impressed with the look ( they basically eliminate the grass strip that plagues X-tracks and the Kuju tracks.) I then relaid the L&HR River St freight yard.

Doug Relyea
    Making stuff that works, using outdated Software on outdated Hardware.

have read the instructions and all straightforward. Unfortunately TSRE choked (locked up) when trying to place a M-Track point this afternoon so at present I will probably stick with X-Tracks.
    Vern.

I have never tried to use them with TSRE, but I have never experienced a problem with them
    using MSRE. I want to point out why I like them, and why I wish the author had stayed with
    the project (and MSTS) and done some more. He used AREA specifications for the turnouts.
    This dictated the track spacing, but more importantly it created turnouts that look right.
    KUJU or X-tracks turnouts are fine, and I use them, especially the Pnt10d150r series which
    create very good, symmetrical ladders. I am currently laying track for a future route that
    combines the N&W/NS Clinch Valley, including the lines that reach north to the Pokey line,
    and all related branches. Much of this was done very early on, but with X & M-tracks it is
    possible to do better. I started at the Jug Neck curve a few miles east of BlueField, since
    this location is also in the Virginian route and so far have laid track through the small
    towns reaching St. Paul, VA and then extending up the hill toward Nortan as far as Banner
    Tunnel. Even with X & M-tracks, not all curves could be exactly duplicated without a lot
    of dynamic track, so in many double track areas, I laid the main track with pieces and the
    2nd track, usually the siding, with dynamic. For the most part I used M-tracks spacing
    for double track or sidings. I could wish that more curves had been created, and that
    #10 turnouts were done. However, it would be impossible to have all sizes of curves
    anyway, so when I lay a curve, I choose the nearest radius to the indicated curve size
    on the track chart, rounding up or down.

J. H. Sullivan