Thread: How to Make TSW look a little better by tweaking some settings.

Default How to Make TSW look a little better by tweaking some settings.

I've been playing around with the settings in my TSW as shown by our British Trainsimming friend Tom Harrison, from an idea first shown on the Steam website page here -

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfil...?id=1378928501

Tom has uploaded a tutorial video on YouTube to show folks how to do all this on your computer/laptop, which I found quite an easy thing to do, and if I can do it, then, anybody can........

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4cqG...x-Ce-pwxO4HV4c

I have a GTX1060 6GB card and opted for the high settings to start with, and found a huge difference across the board with my settings, so, definately worth giving it a go, many folks have stated that the Tees Valley Line looks a bit 'washed out', so, hopefully this will brighten it up a bit for you.

It was also noted that on high settings, the yards and sidings on the Ruhr Sieg Line took a big hit in fps as it looks to be a bit of a resource hogger, which I would presume would also affect other routes that have a high density of trackwork in certain areas, so, a bit of trial and error and experimenting sounds to be the order of the day, I haven't tried every route I own yet, the CSX Heavy Haul route has just been updated very recently by DTG, so, I haven't looked to see if much difference has been made to that route, yet, if at all.

As always when playing around with files, back everything up before you start, and don't blame me if your machine explodes......

Cheerz. Steve.
    i5 4690 3.5 GHz Quad Core CPU, Gigabyte Z97-HD3, 16GB RAM, nVidia GTX1060 6GB, WIN 7 PRO 64-bit.

Steve, in addition to fiddling with the graphic settings in the computer, I have also found that if you have a monitor which has a "Game Mode" setting then activating it can make a huge difference to the appearance of any game.
    IBM XT i386; 512Kb RAM; 5.25" FDD; 1.4Mb FDD; 5Mb HDD; VGA 256-colour graphics card; AdLib soundcard; DR DOS 6.0; Windows 3.0

Well, thanks for that snippet of information, Bruce, I need to find my manual in that case, I've had my monitor for a couple of year's now and I can't remember if that function is included, or, not, something else to look at this weekend, my 'to do' list is expanding rapidly......

Cheerz. Steve.
    i5 4690 3.5 GHz Quad Core CPU, Gigabyte Z97-HD3, 16GB RAM, nVidia GTX1060 6GB, WIN 7 PRO 64-bit.

Quote Originally Posted by ex-railwayman View Post
    something else to look at this weekend, my 'to do' list is expanding rapidly......

Cheerz. Steve.
    Someone else with that issue - thought I was the only one and precious little to do with train simming or computer time either! (Wash the windows, cut the lawn, trim the bushes, paint the bathroom... et seq.).
    Vern.

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernWarrior View Post
    Someone else with that issue - thought I was the only one and precious little to do with train simming or computer time either! (Wash the windows, cut the lawn, trim the bushes, paint the bathroom... et seq.).
    Your hired. When can you start?
    Interested in all Train-Sims