Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Hey Vern...ZUSI 3 soon for release by Aerosoft!

There is a Zusi German forum, Edwin, have a look over there - https://forum.zusi.de/

Cheerz. Steve.
    i5 4690 3.5 GHz Quad Core CPU, Gigabyte Z97-HD3, 16GB RAM, nVidia GTX1060 6GB, WIN 7 PRO 64-bit.

Quote Originally Posted by ex-railwayman View Post
    There is a Zusi German forum, Edwin, have a look over there - https://forum.zusi.de/

Cheerz. Steve.
    And one of the sub-forums is Zusi 3 in English.

For those wondering where "Zusi" comes from, it's one of the many contractions that Germans are fond of. ZuSi = Zug Simulator, i.e. Train Simulator.

Bruce, this is the page from Aerosoft's website from last month, it advertises that the game will be released on the 18th June, I don't know what the currency exchange rate is between the Euro and Aussy Dollar, but, they will sell it for Euro 59.99, ......
    As of right now that equates to AUD$96.00, Steve......which leaves it on the shelf as far as I am concerned, unfortunately.

As Vern mentions in his post regarding the use of the editors, previous experience with ZuSi 2 required a degree in astrophysics and a mastery of the German language, so even with the English-language manual it will be a challenge, I would imagine.

No.....if it was priced around AUD$50 then it would be a definite buy for me but not at almost a hundred bucks.
    Jeeez!.....I've just been able to update Run 8 with a new route package for US$20 and a free addition of a couple of liveried locomotives.
    IBM XT i386; 512Kb RAM; 5.25" FDD; 1.4Mb FDD; 5Mb HDD; VGA 256-colour graphics card; AdLib soundcard; DR DOS 6.0; Windows 3.0

I'm with you all the way, Bruce, I doubt if I will buy it either when it gets released, however, if we wait for 4/6 months, it'll come round to Steam Sale time and we might be able to obtain it at a much more favourable offering, there's little we can do about the pricing structure of these independent developer's games they'll sell stuff at whatever market price they can currently get, the old, sick and the poor have to decide whether we can afford it, or, not!!!!

Cheerz. Steve.
    i5 4690 3.5 GHz Quad Core CPU, Gigabyte Z97-HD3, 16GB RAM, nVidia GTX1060 6GB, WIN 7 PRO 64-bit.

...... the old, sick and the poor have to decide whether we can afford it, or, not!!!!
    LOL!!
    Yeah....you're not wrong there, Steve. Disposable income becomes a very precious item when you're a retiree.
    IBM XT i386; 512Kb RAM; 5.25" FDD; 1.4Mb FDD; 5Mb HDD; VGA 256-colour graphics card; AdLib soundcard; DR DOS 6.0; Windows 3.0

I am all three Steve, sick, old and poor. So i am buggered buddy.
    The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt

Having effectively blown £55 on Trainz 2019 and regretting it, in no mood to repeat the experience. I'm sure Zusi 3 will be miles (km?) better than N3V's ongoing botch-up but the days of paying that much for a train sim are long gone. It will be £30 and no more, so waiting until sale time.
    Vern.

Surprisingly Vern, TRS19 has grown on me and it is the only train game.

That i have been using for the last month - six weeks or so.

New beta test started today for Gold members. Trainz Plus Unified Driver-Surveyor, so i will have a look at that in a bit.
    The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt

Quote Originally Posted by Edwin View Post
    Is there a community of sorts that shares pre-made consists and schedules?
    The Zusi community(singular) works a bit differently to other simulators. All community and in-house created content is sent to a central coordinator who creates a monthly content update package which is installed through a utility distributed with the simulator.

So you don't have to pick and choose what to download, every user automatically receives all content(owing to the simple graphics this won't tax anyone's hard drive), and the pain of hunting for/purchasing lists of assets and rolling stock just to get a scenario to run does not occur.

Objections to the pricing seem more psychological than logical to me. The current data set includes around 10000 scenarios and 1400 vehicle/livery combinations. How much would it cost you to buy that amount of content for any other simulator?

Quote Originally Posted by haverfordwest View Post
    I am all three Steve, sick, old and poor. So i am buggered buddy.
    Join the queue Mike, at least we're all on the same forum together, we can look after each other.......

Cheerz. Steve.