Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Hey Vern...ZUSI 3 soon for release by Aerosoft!

Quote Originally Posted by ex-railwayman View Post
    Join the queue Mike, at least we're all on the same forum together, we can look after each other.......

Cheerz. Steve.
    You lean on him, Steve..... and I'll lean on him too. Then we'll all stagger down the road to the pub.
    IBM XT i386; 512Kb RAM; 5.25" FDD; 1.4Mb FDD; 5Mb HDD; VGA 256-colour graphics card; AdLib soundcard; DR DOS 6.0; Windows 3.0

No way Bruce, you are the tough Australian. Steve and myself, get to lean on you buddy.

Off topic again, as it is 75 Anniversary of D-Day, i was reading an article earlier.

Never realised before that the ANZACS landed on the Normandy beaches. With the rest of the allied forces.
    The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt

Quote Originally Posted by fiend89 View Post
    The Zusi community(singular) works a bit differently to other simulators. All community and in-house created content is sent to a central coordinator who creates a monthly content update package which is installed through a utility distributed with the simulator.

Objections to the pricing seem more psychological than logical to me. The current data set includes around 10000 scenarios and 1400 vehicle/livery combinations. How much would it cost you to buy that amount of content for any other simulator?
    Not saying it's not worth it, but £55 is a lot of money to shell out in one go whatever your financial status. Everyone has the top price they will pay for a particular item, whether it's a car, item of grocery or a train sim!
    Vern.

Quote Originally Posted by fiend89 View Post
    .........Objections to the pricing seem more psychological than logical to me. The current data set includes around 10000 scenarios and 1400 vehicle/livery combinations. How much would it cost you to buy that amount of content for any other simulator?
    We don't equate a "cost per unit" when it comes to computer gaming; this isn't model railroading, where one has to fork out $$$ for every item required.

Ten-thousand scenarios and fourteen-hundred stock/livery combos?
    Maybe there aren't quite those numbers when it comes to MSTS, Open Rails, TS20XX, Trainz, BVE, TSW or Run 8 but the amount of freeware available is vast.

No, it's not a psychological thing......it is definitely a case of "Why should I spend AUS$100 on ZuSi when for half that amount I can buy more stuff for Run 8?"
    IBM XT i386; 512Kb RAM; 5.25" FDD; 1.4Mb FDD; 5Mb HDD; VGA 256-colour graphics card; AdLib soundcard; DR DOS 6.0; Windows 3.0