Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Hey Vern...ZUSI 3 soon for release by Aerosoft!

Quote Originally Posted by ex-railwayman View Post
    Join the queue Mike, at least we're all on the same forum together, we can look after each other.......

Cheerz. Steve.
    You lean on him, Steve..... and I'll lean on him too. Then we'll all stagger down the road to the pub.
    IBM XT i386; 512Kb RAM; 5.25" FDD; 1.4Mb FDD; 5Mb HDD; VGA 256-colour graphics card; AdLib soundcard; DR DOS 6.0; Windows 3.0

No way Bruce, you are the tough Australian. Steve and myself, get to lean on you buddy.

Off topic again, as it is 75 Anniversary of D-Day, i was reading an article earlier.

Never realised before that the ANZACS landed on the Normandy beaches. With the rest of the allied forces.
    The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt

Quote Originally Posted by fiend89 View Post
    The Zusi community(singular) works a bit differently to other simulators. All community and in-house created content is sent to a central coordinator who creates a monthly content update package which is installed through a utility distributed with the simulator.

Objections to the pricing seem more psychological than logical to me. The current data set includes around 10000 scenarios and 1400 vehicle/livery combinations. How much would it cost you to buy that amount of content for any other simulator?
    Not saying it's not worth it, but £55 is a lot of money to shell out in one go whatever your financial status. Everyone has the top price they will pay for a particular item, whether it's a car, item of grocery or a train sim!
    Vern.

Quote Originally Posted by fiend89 View Post
    .........Objections to the pricing seem more psychological than logical to me. The current data set includes around 10000 scenarios and 1400 vehicle/livery combinations. How much would it cost you to buy that amount of content for any other simulator?
    We don't equate a "cost per unit" when it comes to computer gaming; this isn't model railroading, where one has to fork out $$$ for every item required.

Ten-thousand scenarios and fourteen-hundred stock/livery combos?
    Maybe there aren't quite those numbers when it comes to MSTS, Open Rails, TS20XX, Trainz, BVE, TSW or Run 8 but the amount of freeware available is vast.

No, it's not a psychological thing......it is definitely a case of "Why should I spend AUS$100 on ZuSi when for half that amount I can buy more stuff for Run 8?"
    IBM XT i386; 512Kb RAM; 5.25" FDD; 1.4Mb FDD; 5Mb HDD; VGA 256-colour graphics card; AdLib soundcard; DR DOS 6.0; Windows 3.0

I purchased Zusi3 when it was first released on usb stick, yes it was/is a lot of money but you do get a lot of content and there are regular updates. I do enjoy using it and am still learning the various German signalling systems, there is a learning curve but if you can keep at it it’s worth it.
    The graphics may not be the best but the simulation side of it is excellent and you never know what sort of a run you will have, just earlier I drove a passenger and was slowed from 160kph to 60kph and put through a loop and back out the other side, I can only think the Signalman was making sure I was awake :-)
    All the tools are included to build routes but I have not really had the time to spend delving into it and it may be a bit too complicated for my brain.
    So all in all it’s a great sim and have fun those of you that decide to buy it via Steam.

It's definitely on the wish list, Jason!
    Vern.

Zusi 3 is now on Steam and "OUCH" that price is ridiculous .
    Not even an introductory new release discount to help establish a new fan base quickly. I'm a massive Run8 fan, and Zusi 3 and Diesel Railcar Simulator are the only other train simulators that I have consider worth buying for quite some time now.

The manual looks good, and it appears that the important menu screens have been translated to English enough to help you navigate and understand whats going on. Disappointing that Aerosoft and Steam could not launch this highly anticipated release for a short time at a acceptable price . Bad marketing and it looks some of us will be waiting for the next big steam sale.

Cheers

James

Quote Originally Posted by WesternDivision View Post
    Zusi 3 is now on Steam and "OUCH" that price is ridiculous .....
    I agree totally, James.
    AUD$95 means that it stays on the shelf as far as I'm concerned.

Where did you see the manual?

Originally Posted by seagoon

Where did you see the manual?
    Bruce, it's on the right hand side of the webpage under the Aerosoft Twitter and YouTube links or below.

https://store.steampowered.com/manual/1040730

Quote Originally Posted by WesternDivision View Post
    Zusi 3 is now on Steam and "OUCH" that price is ridiculous .
    Not even an introductory new release discount to help establish a new fan base quickly. I'm a massive Run8 fan, and Zusi 3 and Diesel Railcar Simulator are the only other train simulators that I have consider worth buying for quite some time now.

The manual looks good, and it appears that the important menu screens have been translated to English enough to help you navigate and understand whats going on. Disappointing that Aerosoft and Steam could not launch this highly anticipated release for a short time at a acceptable price . Bad marketing and it looks some of us will be waiting for the next big steam sale.

Cheers

James
    Agree totally. £40 might have just been acceptable but I just cannot see many copies shifting at that price. It is as it stands a very niche product in a niche genre, no matter how good it is. I've waited this long so happy to hold out for it to either come down to a more acceptable price, or gets a 40% discount in the sales.
    Vern.