Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Hey Vern...ZUSI 3 soon for release by Aerosoft!

Default Hey Vern...ZUSI 3 soon for release by Aerosoft!

Check this out if you haven't already, mate.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1...osoft_Edition/
    IBM XT i386; 512Kb RAM; 5.25" FDD; 1.4Mb FDD; 5Mb HDD; VGA 256-colour graphics card; AdLib soundcard; DR DOS 6.0; Windows 3.0

Best train simming news for a while! Couldn't quite bring myself to buy it on a memory stick, but this will be a definite Steam purchase from me. All we need then is Run 8 on Steam.
    Vern.

Looks like an extensive (200+ pages) English manual too, Vern.
    That's the crux of the thing for me; the manual will be essential.
    IBM XT i386; 512Kb RAM; 5.25" FDD; 1.4Mb FDD; 5Mb HDD; VGA 256-colour graphics card; AdLib soundcard; DR DOS 6.0; Windows 3.0

I saw this last week on the Aerosoft website it quotes a figure of around 60 EUROS, I presume it will be about the same on Steam, so, at current currency conversion rates around 55 British Pounds, which I suppose is par for the course, it contains the following -

Hundreds of trains can operate simultaneously in a timetable, possibly affecting each other;
    An autopilot controls all trains other than the users.

Preview of every train with overview of timetable and vehicles
    Vehicles controllable with keyboard and mouse, with cab controller devices like the Raildriver, or with gamepads and joysticks
    Assistance for beginners: adjustable level of realism
    Prototypical driving and braking physics, observing tilt, air and curve resistance
    Simulation of various drive types and brake systems
    More than 500 km of drivable route
    More than 200 locomotives and EMUs/DMUs, incl. different variants and liveries
    More than 150 passenger coaches, incl. different variants and liveries
    More than 200 freight wagons, incl. different variants and liveries
    Various Sifa systems are simulated in detail
    Various door protection systems
    Original surround sound
    Prototypical signalling. All German signal systems are included (form signals, HI, SK, H/V in three types, and Ks signals)
    Prototypical track layout, incl. superelevation/cant even for points
    Routes are built as smaller modules that will be combined to larger networks within a timetable scenario
    Fully featured editors included, to create your own timetable scenarios, vehicles, route modules, etc.
    Interfaces to geo data for prototypical and accurate route alignment
    Train protection systems rendered with all functions relevant to the train driver:
    Indusi I54, I60, I60R, PZB60 (ÖBB), PZB90 1.5 und 2.0, PZ80, PR80R
    LZB/I80 with and without PZB90, CIR-ELKE, LZB full and divided block control
    GNT/ZUB122 and 262 with tilting technique
    ETCS (European Train Control System)

There is a demo version of the old Zusi 3 on the developer's website, but, I think it's only in German, and it's from 2015 -

https://www.zusi.de/zusi-3-hobby/downloads.html

Cheerz. Steve.
    Last edited by ex-railwayman; 06-02-2019 at 10:02 AM.
    i5 4690 3.5 GHz Quad Core CPU, Gigabyte Z97-HD3, 16GB RAM, nVidia GTX1060 6GB, WIN 7 PRO 64-bit.

Quote Originally Posted by ex-railwayman View Post
    There is a demo version of the old Zusi 3 on the developer's website, but, I think it's only in German, and it's from 2015 ....
    And unless one has the ability to read German it is a veritable labyrinth through which to find one's way, forsooth!

Oh yes one would be most hamstrung, if one didn't have a good comprehension of the German language.

Wouldn't one Bruce. I bet you drink your tea, with your little finger sticking out buddy. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt

Quote Originally Posted by haverfordwest View Post
    ........i bet you drink your tea, with your little finger sticking out buddy. Hahahahahahaha :d
    Haaa!

Back on topic, i don't think i would wish to pay for something that looks no better than OR.

Plus it is limited to railways from one country.
    The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt

Quote Originally Posted by haverfordwest View Post
    ....... i don't think i would wish to pay for something that looks no better than OR.

Plus it is limited to railways from one country.
    But it is a superb simulation of train & network operation within that country.....and that is the one thing which sets it apart from the rest.

Well the first step will be to see what the actual price is on Steam. £55 possibly a bit rich for my taste though there is at least the possibility of it going on sale at some point. Occasionally you just have to play chicken with these train sim vendors, see who blinks first!
    Vern.