Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Hey Vern...ZUSI 3 soon for release by Aerosoft!

Quote Originally Posted by WesternDivision View Post
    Zusi 3 is now on Steam and "OUCH" that price is ridiculous .
    Not even an introductory new release discount to help establish a new fan base quickly. I'm a massive Run8 fan, and Zusi 3 and Diesel Railcar Simulator are the only other train simulators that I have consider worth buying for quite some time now.
    The manual looks good, and it appears that the important menu screens have been translated to English enough to help you navigate and understand whats going on.
    Disappointing that Aerosoft and Steam could not launch this highly anticipated release for a short time at a acceptable price . Bad marketing and it looks some of us will be waiting for the next big steam sale.
    Cheers
    James
    Hmmm, well, Run8 never offered any discounts did they and each route is 40 bucks, plus the 40 bucks for the base game, you could part with about $300 currently if you obtained all the routes now available, plus another $100 for the locos and freightcars, so, in the grand scheme of things maybe this Zusi 3 Steam price is quite acceptable over the long term as with what you get today to start with you might not want to get anything else for another 12 months, which gives you plenty of time to save up for it!!!
    I would imagine quite a few will purchase this straight away, they only need a basic 20,000 unit sales, from a possible 130 Million German speaking simmers in Europe alone, to make a Million Euros, so, not as bad Marketing as you'd think!

Cheerz. Steve.
    Last edited by ex-railwayman; 06-18-2019 at 06:24 AM. Reason: re-edit
    i5 4690 3.5 GHz Quad Core CPU, Gigabyte Z97-HD3, 16GB RAM, nVidia GTX1060 6GB, WIN 7 PRO 64-bit.

Bruce, it's on the right hand side of the webpage under the Aerosoft Twitter and YouTube links or below.

https://store.steampowered.com/manual/1040730
    Thanks, James.

Now.....that is an impressive piece of documentation. Far, far easier to follow than when I was trying to interpret the ZuSi 2 item!

For those interested in European (i.e., German) train operations maybe the cost will be acceptable but I will hold off until it (maybe?) reduces.
    IBM XT i386; 512Kb RAM; 5.25" FDD; 1.4Mb FDD; 5Mb HDD; VGA 256-colour graphics card; AdLib soundcard; DR DOS 6.0; Windows 3.0

Originally Posted by NorthernWarrior

£40 might have just been acceptable ......
    Yes £40 equates to around AUD $73.00 on the current exchange rate, I could maybe just accept it at that price as well.

Originally Posted by ex-railwayman

1: Hmmm, well, Run8 never offered any discounts did they and each route is 40 bucks, plus the 40 bucks for the base game

2: I would imagine quite a few will purchase this straight away, they only need a basic 20,000 unit sales, from a possible 130 Million German speaking simmers in Europe alone, to make a Million Euros, so, not as bad Marketing as you'd think!
    Yes your right, Run8 never offered discounts and as you say the Run8 base game is $40.00 US, which has been for some people cheap enough to consider buying out of curiosity to see if it's the train sim they have been looking for.

I'm not doubting the amount of content included with Zusi 3 which would probably keep me going for a long time, but I just think that from an English speaking point of view outside of any European country and remember were talking about the English version of Zusi 3, not the possible German version and how many Germans will buy it, Aerosoft could have offered an initial low price upon release to help entice people curious about the sim, but who don't have a full understanding of German railways, that's why I fill as an example looking at it from a possible Australian and perhaps an American perspective it's not the best marketing practice upon release.

Originally Posted by seagoon

Now.....that is an impressive piece of documentation. Far, far easier to follow than when I was trying to interpret the ZuSi 2 item!
    Yes agree, manual is nicely written and has given me confidence that this is a must purchase item and that I will develope an understanding of how to operate the trains.

Looking at some YouTube videos, I 'm really impressed with the detailed track work and signal system, and the overhead catenary wins hands down as the best recreation of that system in any train sim to date. Out of all the YouTube videos I have looked at, I like this one below because it shows a passenger train in a siding, changing cab ends, and during it's run slowing down for track side work and also showing some variety in the other types of trains and rolling stock on what is a very nice detailed route.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IVg18YqSEz8

The next Steam Sale may not be that far away and hopefully Aerosoft will add Zusi 3 to that sale.

https://www.whenisthenextsteamsale.com/

Out of curiosity, can anyone who has purchased the Aerosoft version confirm it is possible to save a run in progress? This wasn't possible in Zusi 2 and a major encumbrance running some of the longer routes if you didn't have time to finish up in one session.
    Vern.

Deleted
    i5 4690 3.5 GHz Quad Core CPU, Gigabyte Z97-HD3, 16GB RAM, nVidia GTX1060 6GB, WIN 7 PRO 64-bit.

deleted

[QUOTE=WesternDivision;I'm not doubting the amount of content included with Zusi 3 which would probably keep me going for a long time, but I just think that from an English speaking point of view outside of any European country and remember were talking about the English version of Zusi 3, not the possible German version and how many Germans will buy it, Aerosoft could have offered an initial low price upon release to help entice people curious about the sim, but who don't have a full understanding of German railways, that's why I fill as an example looking at it from a possible Australian and perhaps an American perspective it's not the best marketing practice upon release./QUOTE]

Yes, I quite agree that it would have been a better marketing decision outside the German speaking community to offer it at a lower price than as released, but, knowing Aerosoft from Flight Sim days, they aren't known to offer things cheaply on release, only in certain seasonal sales, so, some folks will have to wait for a while, I guess, I doubt it will be in the Steam Sale next week, as it was only released yesterday, and a bit too soon for discounting.
    I noticed that it is being sold via the British Just Trains website, so, if you have any money saved on your account from the rewards programme, then you could save a few pounds/dollars that way.

The other thing I noticed is that even if you buy this directly from Aerosoft, you still have to go through Steam, and open an account, etc, if you aren't on that platform yet, so, I presume that this game isn't ours as such, it's like the other simulators where you ''hire'' the game instead of owning it outright, that might put a few folks off buying it as well.

Thanks for that You Tube video link the game looks very good.

Cheerz. Steve.
    Last edited by ex-railwayman; 06-19-2019 at 08:21 AM. Reason: re-edit

Quote Originally Posted by ex-railwayman View Post
    .......... I presume that this game isn't ours as such, it's like the other simulators where you ''hire'' the game instead of owning it outright, ....
    Steve, there are no games which we "own outright"; we pay for a license to use the software. We don't own it.
    (In fact, these days I don't think that there is any software that we actually own).
    Last edited by seagoon; 06-19-2019 at 05:33 PM.
    IBM XT i386; 512Kb RAM; 5.25" FDD; 1.4Mb FDD; 5Mb HDD; VGA 256-colour graphics card; AdLib soundcard; DR DOS 6.0; Windows 3.0

.....the overhead catenary wins hands down as the best recreation of that system in any train sim to date....
    Carsten has done an outstanding job on the creation of that catenary.
    That, and the excellent sounds, go a long way towards making ZuSi 3 what it is.
    Then add the signalling and operational aspects and you can understand why it is used on a professional level for training.

I do hope that the price reduces because I would really like to try it out.

Quote Originally Posted by seagoon View Post
    Steve, there are no games which we "own outright"; we pay for a license to use the software. We don't own it. (In fact, these days I don't think that there is any software that we actually own).
    Well, it all depends doesn't it Bruce, I have quite a lot of discs of PC games that I can install on any computer/laptop for any amount of time, all my Trainz stuff from 2002/3 and onwards can be installed without Auran/N3V ever knowing what I have and when I play it, the only issue is when games are DRM protected and we have to download and install them through Steam, or, an internet server, in which case then I would agree, they can withdraw the software licence at any time, they can physically stop me from installing/running the game on my personal computer, but, all my old stuff from the 1990s onwards that I've had forever, nothing gets installed online, so, I ''own it'' nobody can take it away from me, or, stop me from using it, a few of the companies have now gone bankrupt, so, they'll never be able to do anything now, if you understand.

Cheerz. Steve.
    Last edited by ex-railwayman; 06-19-2019 at 09:13 PM. Reason: re-edit