Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: RUn 8 Update #8 and route addons

Default RUn 8 Update #8 and route addons

Looks like an update #8 and also it seems a route addon and some FREE SJVR engines.

http://www.run8studios.com/arvin_oakcreek.shtml

Check the ChangeLog
    Work Safe play hard

Unbelievable I have been researching the cement plants for Run8 for a few months now, namely the Cemex Victorville plant and Black Mountain Clinker plant, and I have built up a large amount of information that I have been planning to contribute to this forum.

Some of my research has made me look at CalPortland Oak Creek Branch as well for accurate operation of Mojave with me thinking that we might get Oak Creek branch in Run8 V3. This is a dream come true because I have a strong interest in the cement industry and the operation of the plants and their requirements along with their interaction with the railways.

I have mentioned here before how much I have wanted SJVR locomotives for Bakersfield and I would have been happy buying them as a stand alone pack, but to have them as free in an update is just amazing. Along with the Arvin Branch, Kern County railway operations just got a major boost thanks to John and the team.

Awesome, a very big thank you to John and team.

Cheers

James

Cripes! I nearly missed this post.

Thanks, guys....great stuff!
    IBM XT i386; 512Kb RAM; 5.25" FDD; 1.4Mb FDD; 5Mb HDD; VGA 256-colour graphics card; AdLib soundcard; DR DOS 6.0; Windows 3.0

With regards to the new GP40-2 SJVR locomotive, SJVR have two locomotives in this paint scheme which are ex Florida East Coast Railway locomotives numbers 440, 442.

Some Pictures and Videos

SJVR 440

http://www.rrpicturearchives.net/sho...spx?id=3514652

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yV0Y1drFlGs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=It0BS0gDAvQ

SJVR 442

http://www.rrpicturearchives.net/sho...spx?id=3488668

Quote Originally Posted by WesternDivision View Post
    With regards to the new GP40-2 SJVR locomotive, ....
    You, my crow-eating friend, are a mine of information.
    Many thanks....and when you get the cement stuff sorted, will you be creating (and uploading) a "World" for us to use?
    IBM XT i386; 512Kb RAM; 5.25" FDD; 1.4Mb FDD; 5Mb HDD; VGA 256-colour graphics card; AdLib soundcard; DR DOS 6.0; Windows 3.0

great branch line operations for us. great job run8 and thanks for the sjvr motor..........

These days the units are being replaced/phased-out by G&W (owners colors) of Orange, black & yellow. For the time being, I myself run a mix of former BNSF (orange-G&W-temp-standin) & latest SJVR units offered via Run8 for the moment. I went with todays ops for both the BWB & ARV branches. ARV I plan to follow the crop types & seasonal harvest times for the various goods. with most only going up to Edison for packing before shipment. I didn't want to cut just about all of ARV out of use, so I'm replacing the harvest movements with rail rather than the norm via truck to Edison at the very least.

Enough work on that branch to keep one person busy. Small switching routes are nice to have.
    Work Safe play hard

Originally Posted by seagoon

and when you get the cement stuff sorted, will you be creating (and uploading) a "World" for us to use?
    Now Now Bruce! I said I was only going to contribute information, I never said any thing about a world file.
    Those New South Welshies they want it all.

Having said that I have been thinking for some considerable time now about starting a discussion on single player experience and starting a new world in Run8 with no world file present and then creating a world file based only on the industry's that a person would be interested in operating along with a manageable amount of dispatching included.

In my mind I got worked out what I want to discuss, I'm just struggling a bit in how to go about putting it into text to make it interesting for single players to want to talk about, and ideas for people to consider when they are building their world.

Certainly Victorville Cemex will be part of that world file along with the UP coal train for Savage industries that we talked about here a while ago, and yeah if your interested Bruce I could share that file.

I'm interested in that "I think"!

I like this update and gives more single player options to those looking to purchase some of the add on packages but can't or not interested in MP at this time like myself.

THanks

Sean