Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 3d view colors

Quote Originally Posted by GokuMK View Post
    Do you understand my question?

Do you understand my previous answers in image format?

Since you asked nicely:

BIOS = 80.07 (AMI)
    Processor = Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4790K CPU @ 4.00GHz (8 threads, 4 cores, 4.0 GHz) (CPU Internal L1 256 KB) (CPU Internal L2 1024 KB) (CPU Internal L3 8192 KB)
    Memory = 16.0 GB
    Video = NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 (4.0 GB RAM) (nvlddmkm 25.21.14.1634)
    Display = \\.\DISPLAY1 (1920 x 1080, 32-bit, primary, 0 x 0)
    Sound = Sound Blaster Audigy Fx (hdaudio 6.3.9600.16384)
    Sound = NVIDIA High Definition Audio (nvhda64v 1.3.37.5)
    Disk = C: (Local Fixed Disk, NTFS, 915.3 GB, 839.5 GB free)
    Disk = D: (Local Fixed Disk, NTFS, 14.7 GB, 1.9 GB free)
    Disk = E: (CD-ROM Disc, )
    Disk = F: (Local Fixed Disk, NTFS, 223.4 GB, 169.9 GB free)
    Disk = G: (Local Fixed Disk, NTFS, 931.5 GB, 355.5 GB free)
    OS = Microsoft Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit (6.3.9600)
    TSRE v0.69752

When I used the Paul Gausden version of Shape Viewer, if I clicked on an S file anywhere in my trainset sub-folder, shape viewer would open and display the shape. It would leave no residue.

When I use your version of Shape Viewer, if I clicked on the S file anywhere in my trainset sub-folder, your shape viewer would open and display the shape, but not without depositing 2 folders and 4 files (i.e. "residue") in whatever rolling stock sub-folder I happened to be in. Changing to another Trainset sub-folder and clicking on any S file, once again residue is deposited there. These are the same basic support folders that are in my main TSRE application folder and have no need to be anywhere near my content folders.

The Paul Gausden version worked perfectly either way, you could open the app and then find the content, or you could go to the content folder first and fire off the app from there by clicking on any S file second.

Your app only works if you open the app first and then drill down into the trainset files. If you go to the trainset folders first and open the app from there by clicking on any S file, it leaves a trail of redundant files, and is fails to list all the possible other shapes that exist in the same folder in the top left pane.

If a new route comes out with 8 new sub-folders for Trainset, and I visit every folder to check out the poly levels of the new shapes, I end up having to delete 8 copies of deposited residue.

Thanks. I see that you use Windows 8, maybe there is a problem.
    I will prepare for you version with additional debug info for me.

Your app only works if you open the app first and then drill down into the trainset files. If you go to the trainset folders first and open the app from there by clicking on any S file, it leaves a trail of redundant files, and is fails to list all the possible other shapes that exist in the same folder in the top left pane.
    Don't panic. I told that it is a bug.