Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Spawn Points

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default New Spawn Points

Hmm!
    I'm going to express some positive, query and negative comments on the new Spawn Points.

Firstly the positives which is after looking over these new points and from the discussions here on this forum we have the issue of west bound trains for the new Bakersfield Sub fixed. We have some other points requested in place as well, namely the BNSF Sanborn sidings and UP Ansel sidings which have gone along way to isolate Mojave and Barstow for single player. The UP - Daggett WB is a nice addition as well.

Now the query namely with the Mojave Sub - Quantico - NB Main spawn point.

I'm not quite understanding why a NB point was not placed some where from the south side of Edison, namely from Sandcut to Allard which would have placed it a nice distant from Bakersfield such as for example UP Saco siding and the new Una siding EB spawn point. If you have the Quantico point active and are operating UP Y-BK50 at Edison, then effectively it is spawning behind you, instead of in front of you such as at Sandcut or Addard etc.

And finally my negatives thoughts are directed at myself because I wanted to compile a list of spawn points and email them to John but I failed to do that, and because now that we have these points the first thing that has occurred to me is that to fully isolate Mojave we need a SB spawn point at Cable Xover, and for Barstow I think an EB spawn point at Signal 474 between Lugo and Frost is needed, something I overlooked when thinking about making smaller isolated areas for single players.

I'm hoping if John reads this that he will consider these spawn points if another update for Run8V2 is going to done and if not then perhaps including them in V3, certainly the new points have gone along way to improving things for single player, I just think it needs a little bit more fine tuning so to speak.

I think the NB spot there deals with any mainlines, coming into Bakersfield. I don't mind it but I understand your objection.

Sanborn is an alternative with fleeting NB.

John if your reading this just a suggestion, and I don't know if it's possible or not. Since all of us would play things differently potentially or have their favorites.

Is there a way of creating a spawn point editor SIMILAR to what you have set up for the industries??

I'm totally cool with no world editor, but hope to see more of those smaller territories come online in the near future. Haven't had a chance to play or purchase the new add on territory but I do look forward to giving it a spin when my life stops spinning out of control

Thanks

Sean

"New spawn points"?!!

Were these added to the recent update?
    IBM XT i386; 512Kb RAM; 5.25" FDD; 1.4Mb FDD; 5Mb HDD; VGA 256-colour graphics card; AdLib soundcard; DR DOS 6.0; Windows 3.0

yes ...keep up...lol
    Work Safe play hard

The add ons and new spawn points work well nicely. The new spawn points have enhanced the single player experience.

I'm doing a live stream on them right now.

Thanks

Sean

Is there a map/list of the spawn points for AI and portals AI trains can vanish into? Or a way to program them?

I've been playing Run8 for a couple of days of bad weather, and noticed AI only spawns at BNSF Needles, SP Cedar, BNSF Colton Crossing, SP coming off Yuma Sub, and sometimes ATSF Bakersfield. Yet I have all the routes and AI trains continue over to run past those four spawn points.
    Edwin "Kanawha"

The Chessie, the train that never was ... (6000 hp Baldwin-Westinghouse steam turbine electric)

BTW Quantico I totally agree now that I've seen it at the very least should of been a bit further east to allow FULL SJVR. Just having it east of Edison would indeed help.

The other one that would be nice for Mojave only operations is a spawn point heading SB somewhere around Cable. The reason I say that is they've done a good job isolating Mojave NB and WB (off BNSF). Having less of the Mojave Sub to worry about dispatching would allow plenty of operation in Mojave alone.

If they want to make another quick buck I think the obvious add on next is Trona Railroad. I might be very interested in this one just like I purchased the 20 buck add on tonight.

Thanks

Sean

Originally Posted by seagoon

Well, we Up Here all know that cartographers have got it wrong ever since the Vikings put to sea.
    This is the correct map.....
    Yes! the true world map with Australia on top, but with a disturbing twist .
    Tasmania is on top of main land Australia , those two headed humans might become rulers of the universe yet .

Quote Originally Posted by westerngy View Post
    yes ...keep up...lol
    I rarely read the change-log.
    IBM XT i386; 512Kb RAM; 5.25" FDD; 1.4Mb FDD; 5Mb HDD; VGA 256-colour graphics card; AdLib soundcard; DR DOS 6.0; Windows 3.0

Quote Originally Posted by seagoon View Post
    I rarely read the change-log.
    So turn it upside down and try that way to read it.
    Work Safe play hard