Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New Spawn Points

Quote Originally Posted by seagoon View Post
    I rarely read the change-log.
    So turn it upside down and try that way to read it.
    Work Safe play hard

Quote Originally Posted by westerngy View Post
    So turn it upside down ......etc.
    Is that some sort of Canadian humour?
    IBM XT i386; 512Kb RAM; 5.25" FDD; 1.4Mb FDD; 5Mb HDD; VGA 256-colour graphics card; AdLib soundcard; DR DOS 6.0; Windows 3.0

Originally Posted by westerngy

So turn it upside down and try that way to read it.
    This is why as an Aussie I'm never in a hurry to go to the toilet.

https://toilography.files.wordpress....n-toilet-1.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by WesternDivision View Post
    This is why as an Aussie I'm never in a hurry to go to the toilet. ....
    Well, we Up Here all know that cartographers have got it wrong ever since the Vikings put to sea.
    This is the correct map.....
    mcarthur-large.jpg
    IBM XT i386; 512Kb RAM; 5.25" FDD; 1.4Mb FDD; 5Mb HDD; VGA 256-colour graphics card; AdLib soundcard; DR DOS 6.0; Windows 3.0

Is there a map/list of the spawn points for AI and portals AI trains can vanish into? Or a way to program them?

I've been playing Run8 for a couple of days of bad weather, and noticed AI only spawns at BNSF Needles, SP Cedar, BNSF Colton Crossing, SP coming off Yuma Sub, and sometimes ATSF Bakersfield. Yet I have all the routes and AI trains continue over to run past those four spawn points.
    Edwin "Kanawha"

The Chessie, the train that never was ... (6000 hp Baldwin-Westinghouse steam turbine electric)

Originally Posted by seagoon

Well, we Up Here all know that cartographers have got it wrong ever since the Vikings put to sea.
    This is the correct map.....
    Yes! the true world map with Australia on top, but with a disturbing twist .
    Tasmania is on top of main land Australia , those two headed humans might become rulers of the universe yet .

Originally Posted by Edwin

Is there a map/list of the spawn points for AI and portals AI trains can vanish into? Or a way to program them?
    Ai trains will only disappear at spawn points or in that section of track that are at the edge of a map. For instance if you only had the default base program of Run8 V2 and spawned a train at Needles and ran to Lenwood it would disappear at Lenwood because that was the end of the map or track. If you added the Cajon expansion then the train would continue past Lenwood to Colton crossing and disappear around BNSF Colton crossing main 2 because that is where the track ended or the edge of the expanded map etc.

With all the the talk about creating smaller worlds for single players and having the new spawn points in the latest patch, if we could have the ability to set up exits as well as the current enter at selected spawn points, this would certainly add considerable depth to game play and do away with selecting a train and deleting it after reaching a certain point.

Quote Originally Posted by WesternDivision View Post
    ..... this would certainly add considerable depth to game play and do away with selecting a train and deleting it after reaching a certain point.
    When I am travelling mainline A to B, at some point I will get rid of any AI trains which have approached and then passed me.
    To have this done automatically, through de-spawn locations, I would consider to be helpful but certainly not a necessity.

Bruce

I find a back track or a deadend track with no bumper and just route the AI into it and it deletes itself.
    Work Safe play hard

Quote Originally Posted by westerngy View Post
    I find a back track or a deadend track with no bumper and just route the AI into it and it deletes itself.
    I never thought of that! Good one.