Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 3D Crafter 9 won't load

Default 3D Crafter 9 won't load

I'm having a issue with 3D Crafter9. It just will not load. As soon as I click on it, it shuts down.

Repair didn't fix it and reinstalling also didn't fix it.

Computer check disk, running the built-in System File Checker tool, as well as DISM didn't produce any results. Two restore points for dates before the issue didn't work. Overall computer scan with Norton came back clean. Online regierstry check reported no issues.

Anyone have a suggestion on what to do? I'm stumped.....

Luckily I have 3dc9 on my other computer so I'm still able to make models.

Last time the program worked was 3 days ago. No changes to my computer that I'm aware of.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by rt35ge View Post
    I'm having a issue with 3D Crafter9. It just will not load. As soon as I click on it, it shuts down.

Repair didn't fix it and reinstalling also didn't fix it.

Computer check disk, running the built-in System File Checker tool, as well as DISM didn't produce any results. Two restore points for dates before the issue didn't work. Overall computer scan with Norton came back clean. Online regierstry check reported no issues.

Anyone have a suggestion on what to do? I'm stumped.....

Luckily I have 3dc9 on my other computer so I'm still able to make models.

Last time the program worked was 3 days ago. No changes to my computer that I'm aware of.

Thanks.
    Hi...

I have it loaded on a couple Win10 Machines without issue... Have you tried running as "admin" - or one of the "compatibility modes" ?

I'm trying to recall an issue from years ago - as this seems somewhat familiar - I just can't put my finger on it - let me ponder it...

Regards,
    Scott

Scott, I tried running the program as administrator and that didn't work either. Have not tried compatibility mode. I'll try that next. I have not had to run it like that ever. This is my second computer with Windows 10 and I have never had a issue with 3DC till this happened.

Hi...

Yeah - this is all like deja vu for me - I just can't put my finger on it - I searched a bit on old posts I made - no joy yet... I vaguely remember finding a solution... I'll keep plugging at it...

Regards,
    Scott

Quote Originally Posted by rt35ge View Post
    Scott, I tried running the program as administrator and that didn't work either. Have not tried compatibility mode. I'll try that next. I have not had to run it like that ever. This is my second computer with Windows 10 and I have never had a issue with 3DC till this happened.
    Forgot your quote.

Compatibility mode didn't work either but the only choice I had was to run it in Windows 8. No other options listed. I tried copying the program from my other computer to this one and that didn't work either. I also have the program on two external drives and it won't load from either of those.

Hi rt35ge,
    I tried copying the program from my other computer to this one and that didn't work either.

If you did EXACTLY as you've written to put 3DCrafter on to your Win10 PC, it will not work! 3DC needs to be installed because it sets up several Registry entries.

Cheers,
    Ged

Quote Originally Posted by slipperman View Post
    Hi rt35ge,

If you did EXACTLY as you've written to put 3DCrafter on to your Win10 PC, it will not work! 3DC needs to be installed because it sets up several Registry entries.

Cheers,
    Ged

[/COLOR]
    It was installed on my Windows 10 computer to begin with. Heck I've installed it on two Windows 10 computers last few years with no issues. Worked fine 4-5 days ago no issues. Then the problem arose. The copy from my other computer which I tried yesterday didn't solve the issue and after I deleted it, again, as I had tried a few days ago, I tried to reinstall the program. Still have the issue. It was installed when I bought the computer 7 months ago and worked just fine till this week. I've run it on two Windows 10 computers and two Windows 7 computers with until this week, no problems what so ever.

Hi rt35ge,
    Although I don't use it, I had downloaded v9.5 some time ago and, following your post, successfully installed it into my Win 10 Pro 64-bit system; it also starts correctly, displaying a "hints" screen. I deliberately installed it into its default location - C:\Program Files (x86) - and have not set any Compatibility options.

Since it worked for you until 4/5 days ago, I would suggest that something has been added to your PC which is interfering with it. It might be a Windows Update, or a program. If you've got a Restore Point dated about a week ago, it might be worth restoring your system back to it.

Cheers,
    Ged

Quote Originally Posted by slipperman View Post
    Hi rt35ge,
    Although I don't use it, I had downloaded v9.5 some time ago and, following your post, successfully installed it into my Win 10 Pro 64-bit system; it also starts correctly, displaying a "hints" screen. I deliberately installed it into its default location - C:\Program Files (x86) - and have not set any Compatibility options.

Since it worked for you until 4/5 days ago, I would suggest that something has been added to your PC which is interfering with it. It might be a Windows Update, or a program. If you've got a Restore Point dated about a week ago, it might be worth restoring your system back to it.

Cheers,
    Ged
    Restore points are not fixing the problem. I even went back a month ago and it still won't load. It appears to be the only program acting weird. Now, many will say I'm nuts. I installed a program that ONLY does Windows 10 updates when I say, not bleeping Microsoft. Until I installed this program the Windows updates were jacking my computer which I've read is a common occurrence. Plus, for every update I was losing more and more control of ANYTHING issued by Microsoft. And in time with the updates, one can no longer have the computer decide if I want the update. Microsoft decides I must HAVE IT and downloads them!! And the updates prevent you from having a selection or multiple restore points. Only gives me the most recent ones which are worthless if one has to go back further. I've had this program on my computer since Dec 2018 and to date, no "Twilight Zones" have occurred. So, no Windows updates have been downloaded since early Dec 2018. And again no ill affects have occurred to date. The computer has been actually running better WITHOUT the Windows updates. Norton says I don't have any baddies (Trojans and the like) lurking about. I'm not seeing any unwanted programs that creeped in within the week. I'm not any seeing modifications to any programs. And I have not made any changes in a coons age. I may have a hidden file(s) lurking.... I'll try to see if I have any.