Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 3D Crafter 9 won't load

Well, for what it is worth, I tried downloading both the 9.5 & 10.2 versions. Exact same thing. Both downloaded OK, but won't load. I'd like to be able to run 3DC on this computer, but as long as the program runs on my other computer, basically the backup computer, I'm fine with it.

Hi rt35ge,
    UPDATE : Unlike yourself, I like to keep my Windows 7 and Windows 10 up to date. Today I applied the June updates to Win 10 and tried to rerun 3DCrafter - it wouldn't start!! It had also disappeared from the Control Panel > Programs & Features list, so I deleted its folder from C:\Program Files (x86) and re-installed it. It now starts correctly, again

By the way, you can create your own Restore Points whenever you wish!

Cheers,
    Ged

Quote Originally Posted by slipperman View Post
    Hi rt35ge,
    UPDATE : Unlike yourself, I like to keep my Windows 7 and Windows 10 up to date. Today I applied the June updates to Win 10 and tried to rerun 3DCrafter - it wouldn't start!! It had also disappeared from the Control Panel > Programs & Features list, so I deleted its folder from C:\Program Files (x86) and re-installed it. It now starts correctly, again

By the way, you can create your own Restore Points whenever you wish!

Cheers,
    Ged
    Well from what I read last night, every time you get a Windows 10 update, you'll have to delete the program and install it again. The June update is doing it as well. Some are reporting certain programs no longer work period. That's what these update do among other unwanted stuff. Now, if you don't mind having to do a uninstall/reinstall of your programs each and every time there's a update, and with no offense, more power to you. At any rate, like I said earlier this morning. It's the only program not working out of many. I have the program on my other computer so I'm good.

Default 3D Crafter 9 won't load

Hi...

I checked with Paul Gausden - the most knowledgeable person - aside from the developer - that I’ve ever come across on 3DC - he echoed my idea posted above - sorry... Once - well before V9 - I had an issue and decided to remove 3DC from the registry - not for the faint of heart or the initiated - but I recall it fixed the issue at the time... There were like a gazillion entries though and it took a while... If I come up with anything else - I’ll ping you...

One program - free open source - that may help is “Bulk Crap Remover” - if you delete something it seems to find orphaned registry entries giving you the option to delete them as well... Might give you a real clean install which may be needed... I’ve had success with it...

Regards,
    Scott

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm sure I had this same problem with an older iteration of the program when it was 3D Canvas, but can't for the life of me remember how I solved it. What I do find now is that every time I start 3D Canvas, it seems to have forgotten my registration code so I need to go ferreting around to find it in order to escape the freeware mode.
    Vern.

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernWarrior View Post
    I'm sure I had this same problem with an older iteration of the program when it was 3D Canvas, but can't for the life of me remember how I solved it. What I do find now is that every time I start 3D Canvas, it seems to have forgotten my registration code so I need to go ferreting around to find it in order to escape the freeware mode.
    I tried this morning to delete every single instance of 3DC running around on my computer. Found a few. No difference after a reinstall. Still don't work.