Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Open Rails AI Traffic

Morning,

I'm going to start checking this again but yesterday I did go to the dispatcher's window and there was nothing showing. I'll get that up as soon as the activity starts and see if anything happens.

I'm still trying to keep the route working properly in both OR and MSTS Scott, so I don't want to change anything that makes it or it's activities OR only.

Paul :-)

Hi All,

I did find the cause and now have Amtrak running.

First a little background. Conrail through Fonda has a eastbound mainline (Track 1), then a westbound mainline (Track 2). Track 3 has been removed, then Track 4 is used to let the way freight clear the mainline and that connects to the FJ&G. Track 4 connects at each end to track 2. In real life there are crossovers between tracks 1 and 2 but they are miles away from Fonda so I never modeled them seeing as the Conrail mainlines are just for AI traffic passing through.

That turned out to be the reason my Amtrak train wouldn't spawn in OR but did in MSTS. While vacuuming I started to wonder if this was creating the problem, Track 1 was not touching any of the rest of the route. I added a crossover at one end and a few hundred meters of double track and that cured the problem.

It's nice to find the solution but that leads to other problems in other routes where a foreign railroad just happens to pass your railroad and doesn't have a physical connection, your AI traffic on that railroad will not spawn. Or several of my routes have flight paths, track buried under the terrain for an aircraft to follow but do not connect to anything, plane is grounded there.

Anyway, something to keep in mind if you're wondering where you AI traffic is.

Paul :-)