Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: SP4449 using Open Rails

This sounds like a really insightful answer and we thank you for taking the time.
    We will try one of the two options... and let you know

Hi R. Steele, have been working on this, was able to get the folders out from the program files and re routed OR to the new folder, things are showing up but... SP4449 appears as missing Locomotive: <missing: SP4449> Consist: SP4449. I wonder if this is because the Consist you provided us with is SP4449 and the engine's name in the trainset folder is SP_4449 is this even possible?

Quote Originally Posted by Papichulo2006 View Post
    Hi R. Steele, have been working on this, was able to get the folders out from the program files and re routed OR to the new folder, things are showing up but... SP4449 appears as missing Locomotive: <missing: SP4449> Consist: SP4449. I wonder if this is because the Consist you provided us with is SP4449 and the engine's name in the trainset folder is SP_4449 is this even possible?
    Here's the consist file:

Code:
    [email protected]@@@@@@@@@JINX0D0t______

Train (
    	TrainCfg ( "SP4449"
    		Name ( "SP4449" )
    		Serial ( 1 )
    		MaxVelocity ( 33.52800 0.93764 )
    		NextWagonUID ( 2 )
    		Durability ( 1.00000 )
    		Engine (
    			UiD ( 0 )
    			EngineData ( SP4449 "sp 4449" )
    		)
    		Wagon (
    			WagonData ( 4449tender "sp 4449" )
    			UiD ( 1 )
    		)
    	)
    )
    I used the default names as I downloaded them, changed nothing. (See picture of eng file )
    Both the EngineData and WagonData lines refer to equipment found in TRAINSET folder "sp 4449"
    The engine file name is SP4449 and the tender file name is 4449tender
    If those are the same exact names you have, then the consist should appear.
    If your names are different ( why I don't know) you'll have to change them in the consist file to match.
    The TrainCfg line and the NAME line do not have to match, or be the same as the folder or file names.
    bandicam 2019-06-17 22-00-58-469.jpg
    Cheers, R. Steele [Gerry] It's my railroad and I'll do what I want! Historically accurate attitude of US Railroad Barons.

The name is different because we want an "older" version (according to my son) and it is this one:

Name: sp_4449.zip
    Size: 2,435,747 Date: 11-20-2005 Downloads: 7,156

As you can see, the name is different, do I change the consist? do I change the name on the file? It still show as missing

The name is different because we want an "older" version (according to my son) and it is this one:

Name: sp_4449.zip
    Size: 2,435,747 Date: 11-20-2005 Downloads: 7,156

As you can see, the name is different, do I change the consist? do I change the name on the file? It still show as missing
    The TrainCfg line must match the file name, the TrainCfg and Name do not need to be the same
    The TrainCfg and the Name lines do not have to match or be similiar to the name of the eng or wag trainset folders - in this case SP_4449, in fact they most often are not. I used the folder name to make it easier for you.

File name: SP_4449.con
    Code:

Train (
    	TrainCfg ( SP_4449
    		Name ( SP_4449 )
    		Serial ( 1 )
    		NextWagonUID ( 2 )
    		Durability ( 1.00000 )
    		Engine (
    			UiD ( 0 )
    			EngineData ( SP_4449 SP_4449 )
    		)
    		Wagon (
    			WagonData ( SP_4449_tend SP_4449 )
    			UiD ( 1 )
    		)
    	)
    )
    File name: SP_4449_ten2.con
    Code:

Train (
    	TrainCfg ( SP_4449_ten2
    		Name ( SP_4449_ten2 )
    		Serial ( 1 )
    		NextWagonUID ( 2 )
    		Durability ( 1.00000 )
    		Engine (
    			UiD ( 0 )
    			EngineData ( SP_4449 SP_4449 )
    		)
    		Wagon (
    			WagonData ( SP_4449_ten2 SP_4449_Ten2 )
    			UiD ( 1 )
    		)
    	)
    )
    SP_4449-Consists.zip
    Happy railroading...we are all learning as we go.
    Last edited by R. Steele; 06-21-2019 at 02:33 PM.
    Cheers, R. Steele [Gerry] It's my railroad and I'll do what I want! Historically accurate attitude of US Railroad Barons.

How do you find the config file

How do you find the config file
    By "config" - you mean consist file? That's what I'm assuming. I wrote it up myself using Context and a template I have.
    There are several utility programs - "Consist Editors" - made for the hobby.
    I'm not that much of an expert on them to advise you.
    ConBuilder is one, Yardmaster is another, also there is a consist editor with Goku's TSRE.
    You should start with this web site >>> https://msts.steam4me.net/tutorials/consists.html
    It is fundamentally a site about MSTS - but the link provided will explain what a consist is and how to use the MSTS toolset ( editors ) to make them.
    I believe yardmaster and a version of ConBuilder are available in the forum library.

Were do you download conbuilder

Were do you download conbuilder
    cb249.zip --- is the file name you are looking for in the TS Library, you should learn how to search the library, you'll need to know how to do that. I don't believe the last version of payware ConBuilder is still for sale...and version 2.4.9 does not come with support as it says in the download text -- but it will provide you with a means to make consists.

Can you send me the download link of the conbuilder