Thread: Working with the Tsection.dat

Default Working with the Tsection.dat

Hi everyone, I have been trying to get two new track pieces into the Tsection.dat without success.

One of the shapes is a reworked default shape left un-activated all these years. The other is a new piece created by James Hinman. As I understand it, slot 340 is empty as part of the reserved for future MS/Kuju track sections. The last default section appears to be 339. I've tried to add the newly renovated piece of default track since there is no entry for it in the Tsection.dat currently. The problem though is the shape doesn't show up in MSTS RE.

Now, If I assign this shape to the very end of the Tsection.dat and give it slot 40000 it works. What am I missing here?

Second, The transfer table doesn't have a slot either currently. In order for Derek to include this shape I have to supply I working Tsection.dat. So how do I assign a number block for James Hinman and a one off shape? What block range is empty currently???

These are my entries. What I'm I missing here???

_INFO(DieselFuelTrackSection)
    _INFO(Original MS/KUJU Track Shapes)
    TrackShape ( 340
    FileName ( A2t10mStrtFuel.s )
    NumPaths ( 2 )
    SectionIdx ( 1 -2.4925 0 0 0 0 )
    SectionIdx ( 1 2.4925 0 0 0 0 )
    )

TrackShape ( This shape needs a block for James Hinman and a number.
    FileName ( A9t30mtrnsfertble.s )
    NumPaths ( 9 )
    SectionIdx ( 1 -19.94 0 0 0 339 )
    SectionIdx ( 1 -14.955 0 0 0 339 )
    SectionIdx ( 1 -9.97 0 0 0 339 )
    SectionIdx ( 1 -4.985 0 0 0 339 )
    SectionIdx ( 1 0 0 0 0 339 )
    SectionIdx ( 1 4.985 0 0 0 339 )
    SectionIdx ( 1 9.97 0 0 0 339 )
    SectionIdx ( 1 14.955 0 0 0 339 )
    SectionIdx ( 1 19.94 0 0 0 339 )
    )

I am literally on the edge of insanity. Help!

Robert

Hi,

You are missing the Track vector(s). Think of that as the blue poles and the white line connecting them.

In the SectionIdx line, an entry has to refer to a Trackvector ( number) I'm in the middle of a cpu fail ( which with luck will be fixed by Saturday ), otherwise I'd post an example. When you give it #40000, it shows because that's the start of the Dynamic track numbering. (and will cause problems if there is dynamic track, from Uid's colliding).

For the A2tFuel piece, look up the A2t10mStrt, and the numbers inside the SectionIdx brackets should be identical.

Doug Relyea
    Making stuff that works, using outdated Software on outdated Hardware.

If the fuel track piece has the same dimensions as the regular A2t10mStrt piece, you could just place the 10m piece and edit the .w file to have the fuel piece there in its place. Then you can leave the tsection alone

Travis, The issue though is I have a collection of un-released track sections which I am packaging for Xtracks. It's time for a new build. I will also being using an installer not tied for MSTS for the ORTS crowd.

Robert

Hi,

I'm partway there, I'm able to look at my Tsection.dat.

First, your entry for the fuel track is correct, the 10m strt is TrackSection 0. it's the last digit of the Section Idx line.

That said, did you put the .s and .sd files for the fuel track in the Shapes folder in the Global folder? It's the only other reason I can think of why that entry doesn't work. The MSTS RE will only look in the Global/Shapes folder when placing a new section of track.

339 is also the correct number for the 30m strt. ( I don't have these memorized, I just thought they might be wrong)

The method you suggested Travis does work, the limitation is you can never delete it without changing the name back first in the W file. It will also fail the MSTS RE's TDB rebuild because the TrackShape does not match the shape file name in the W file.

Doug Relyea

Doug, So let me get this straight. I would just add the fuel track using the same perimeters as the A2t10mstrt? Won't that confuse MSTS RE or something?

It's the number allocations that I think I am screwing things up at. If I have one shape assigned 339, Would that not make the next one 340? How many shapes can be assigned to a number?

Robert

Hi,

The setup you have should work for the Fuel track. The A2t10mStrt is Trackshape 5. The numbers given in the SectionIdx are to locate the white lines and blue poles relative to the shape. The last number is used in the TDB so that the program knows the white line length (and radius if it's a curve). The RE writes the X Y Z of the track shape relative to the w(orld) file to a temp file, and finalizes it and the TDB when you hit save.

There can only be one track shape definition per trackshape number. And only one TrackSection (SectionIdx) per their numbers. So yes, if you have Trackshape 339 then the next should be 340.

Doug Relyea